Search results

1. P

An RF Zoom fisheye is coming [CR2]

I love my EF 8-15 fisheye. I take it with me on every vacation. It's hard to imagine what Canon could do to get me to switch, considering I even now have access to filters thanks to the adapter. But I know there are those people out there that look down on anything adapted, even if it's Canon...
  2. P

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM confirmed, likely in Q4 [CR3]

If they made teleconverters like that, I might actually use one.
  3. P

EOS R camera between EOS R7 and EOS R10 coming [CR3]

It could a form factor change as the main differentiator. An option without an EVF. I know I find myself using it less and less these days. For this and the R50, a release of two new bodies without an EVF.
  4. P

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

Is the digital teleconverter basically crop mode but at other ratios other than 1.6x? 2x mode is 61mp ÷ 2 = 31.5? 4x mode is 61mp ÷ 4 = 15.25? 8x mode is 61mp ÷8 = 7.625?
  5. P

Canon officially discontinues the MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro

When you said "eventually" I already thought that as a pretty unlikely occurrence. If we were talking towards the end of life of the RF mount, then sure I can see that, but that's really a non-factor at that point. But three years? Zero chance. In three years, Canon is still in a transition...
  6. P

There are two more APS-C RF mount cameras coming [CR2]

There are so many options, so I'm still experimenting with an entire control scheme overhaul. I switched from Av to Fv. The top thumb dial switches variabales because it's Fv mode, but I mainly have it positioned so the main dial changes aperture. The control ring is set to change shutter speed...
  7. P

Another announcement cycle is out of the way, so what’s next from Canon for the EOS R system?

Nice. That's even better than expected. I thought they were going to try for an RP successor with the R100, but if they want it to be the M successor, I'm all for that. I want to see how small they can go.
  8. P

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

I hate that the feel of the removable grip is different than the main grip. It's larger, the button placements are all different, and the biggest thing is that the joystick is in a completely different and awkward position. I've never held a camera with an integrated grip, but looking at the...
  9. P

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

That will be interesting to see if it happens. But I'm betting on those models never getting an update. They didn't follow Canon's naming scheme because they were planned as transitional cameras. Now that the R3, R5, R6, R7, R10 are out there which do follow Canon's regular conventions, the R...
  10. P

Happy for everyone that these products were for. If I didn't already have an R5 and R6, I would totally picked this up as my second body. But now that I have two, I'm waiting for more. The 135 also looks beautiful, but I already have the EF and I don't even use that all that often. Reducing the...
  11. P

But two years is extremely fast. It was 4.5 years between the 6D and 6DII. It's the Rebel line that had a yearly release.
  12. P

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Depends on your tolerance for toggling and the importance of toggle vs hold, in deciding which is better. I have three options I toggle between right now which works great, but four it still tolerable for me. If the hard toggle is what he's looking for and not holding something down, on a R5/R3...
  13. P

I mentioned it already. As did someone else. Program one of your buttons to Direct AF Method Selection. And go to AF Page 1 and select AF Method and uncheck everything except for Face Detection and Point detection. Also on Page 1 make sure Eye Detection is enabled. Alternatively, if you have an...
  14. P

I have my AF-On set to "Direct Auto Focus Selection" and have the amount of AF methods limited to only Face Detection, Point, and Horizontal Large. Both on my R5 and R6. Just press to cycle. I always have Eye Detection enabled while in Face Detection mode, but you can also program a button to...
  15. P

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will be announced on November 2, 2022

With two models coming out as previously rumored. Is it really going to be R6II-Regular and R6II-Stop Motion Video? Or will it be more like, R6II-Photo and R6II-Video.
  16. P

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

But if that's the case, and it's simply a firmware thing, why two models at different price points? I suppose they did that with the 5DIV and 5DIV with c-log upgrade, but that seemed more like a product correction not a here's an model variant to buy. Is the hundred dollar difference going to...
  17. P

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

Everyone talking about the sensor or the 135. A few about the speedlite. But what's a $100 feature that leads to a whole second model that aids in stop motion video?
  18. P

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II should be announced sometime this year

Oh yeah that. We get fire in California, not rain. That's not something that crosses my mind. I can see that being important for other people though.
  19. P

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II should be announced sometime this year

I don't do video, so the R6 is plenty good for me. As for the 135, 1.8 isn't all that much faster than 2.0. The EF version is excellent. It's sharp, light, and quick to focus. And adapted it still feels great, and the camera balance is barely affected at all. The things that might get me to...
  20. P

Canon has discontinued another EOS M camera

I'm pretty sure what they think is that maintaining two systems isn't worth it. For some M mount users, RF-S will work as an alternative, for others it won't. But the cost of maintaining both mounts outweighs the benefit to retain all M mount users, so they'll take what they can get for a better...