Search results

1. M

Question on Rokinon MF 14mm RF lens

I purchased a used lens and the dial just in front of the aperture control (where it has the triangle to mark what aperture number is set) spins freely. The aperture control works and clicks in place fine, but obviously since the indicator dial spins freely, it's difficult to know exactly what...
  2. M

Question on potential black friday deals for Canon EOS R

Hello all, I'm in the market for an EOS R, and while obviously none of the BF deals ave been released, I was wondering if anyone would care to take a guess as to typical discount/deals would be. I'm sure bundles will be the name of the game. I'm really only interested in the body and EOS-RF...
  3. M

Question on drop in filters for EOS R adapter

I do a lot of full spectrum infrared photography, which requires various filters to be used to get the desired images. I'm thinking very heavily about getting an EOS R as my next IR camera (as Sony, who I'm typically very happy with, have made things rather difficult for us IR users on their...
  4. M

Last minute eclipse advice: Aperture priority vs Manual for AEB

So I've been doing my test shooting for my telephoto closeups. I did some testing with autoexposure bracketing, going -3/+3 using 7 shots in manual mode. I'm doing high speed continuous on the 70D, so it goes pretty quickly. I also did a test run with using aperture priority mode. Again...
  5. M

Eclipse photo prep question/critique

So I've been doing some solar testing with my camera rig for the eclipse. Here's what I'm using: Canon 70D Canon 1.4x tele Canon 100-400 ISII formatt hitech firecrest filter system with Lee solar eclipse 100mm x 100mm filter Manfrotto 410 geared head a mefoto tripod (for now) I'm using a custom...
  6. M

Use of solar eclipse filter once the eclipse is done

So I purchased a Lee solar eclipse filter (it's like a 16 or 18 stop), and I was just thinking of after the eclipse. I spent $150 bucks on this filter, and the thought of getting some use out of it aside from waiting another 6 or so years for the next eclipse became very appealing to me. In...
  7. M

Decent tripod for a heavy head and camera

So I need to get a new tripod. I'll be taking it up for the eclipse, so I'd like to get it asap. It needs to (easily) support a Manfretto 410 head, and a Canon 100-400 ii lens, with a Canon 70d. This has been a bit of an unforseen purchase for me, so I'd like to keep it around 200 dollars us...
  8. M

Eclipse lens/teleconvertor question

So I'm going to make the hike up to catch the totality for the eclipse, and I want to rent a better zoom lens for the event. I've got a Canon M3 (with the EF adapter), and a 6D. The plan I thought of was to use one camera (with the zoom lens and teleconvertor) to photograph the eclipse itself...
  9. M

filter holder question

I'm looking at buying a specific type of filter, and now need a filter holder. This will be the type where you slide the square filters into place. I'm trying to stick with the 100mm filter size (both for cost and availability), but all the 100mm filter holders I've seen require you to thread a...
  10. M

Help me blow my money on lenses!

That's right folks...I'd like to spend money that I don't have. I have a 6D and I'm looking to get a nice range of lenses to cover my bases. I've currently got the 24-105L f/4 lens, a nifty fifty (50mm 1.8), and a Rokinon 14mm f/2.8. I'd like to get (or at least plan out) a lens purchase that...