Search results

1. highdesertmesa

Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z to be announced this week

Wondering if this will lean hard into software correction being required at the wide end or if they kept it optically well-corrected at 24mm.
  2. highdesertmesa

Does Canon have plans to release a ‘retro’ styled EOS R camera in the future?

Hobbyists for whom having an ergonomic grip is secondary to simplicity of design and the clarity of seeing all of your settings on dials versus reading them off an LCD.
  3. highdesertmesa

Does Canon have plans to release a ‘retro’ styled EOS R camera in the future?

Forget going back to the AE days, go all the way back to the rangefinder.
  4. highdesertmesa

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

But does ES still lock us out of 14-bit like it does on the R5/6 even when not shooting in high-speed modes? I don't want to get bumped down to 12-bit just because I want to shoot a daylight portrait wide open or want to reduce vibration for landscape.
  5. highdesertmesa

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

I don't think they used a non-stacked version of the R3 sensor (which is BSI + stacked) since it's not even BSI. DPR says it's a new FSI sensor.
  6. highdesertmesa

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will be announced on November 2, 2022

A slower processor would limit FPS but not the sensor scan speed.
  7. highdesertmesa

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

When I've moved from FSI to BSI (GFX 50 to 100 / Leica SL and SL2 to SL2-S), I've seen a noticeable difference, particularly with regard to file pliability in post. One of the most notable improvements I've seen with BSI has been the ability to better retain color information in heavily-lifted...
  8. highdesertmesa

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

Hoping for: BSI stacked from the R3 No mechanical shutter ES with full bit depth in single shot mode and the slowest continuous drive mode Would be happy just with a non-stacked version of the R3 BSI sensor and the slight resolution bump.
  9. highdesertmesa

The first noise test results from the Canon EOS R3 are in

I think we all know there is not an AI literally living in the camera :) The AI programming is done in the lab, and it's used to create the algorithm used in the firmware.
  10. highdesertmesa

R3 has improved WB over R5/6. This may be the first time AI/deep-learning has been used to improve WB. Quote: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-r3-initial-review/2
  11. highdesertmesa

R3 noise looks more smeared to me as if NR was being applied in the RAW.
  12. highdesertmesa

Nikon officially announces the Nikon Z 9, and it’s a remarkable $5499

The sky isn’t falling for Canon, but their pricing strategy might be.
  13. highdesertmesa

Shedding some light on CFexpress firmware and camera compatibility

I have the Sony 256 and can't imagine the differences noted in the article affecting how I shoot. If I were a professional sports photographer I can see wanting the best possible, but for the rest of us, any of these cards look good: Then on how many images at 20 fps you can shoot in a row...
  14. highdesertmesa

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

But this isn't the R1, so who is the R3 targeting – 1 series owners who don't want to wait? The R3 gave us hope of a high MP A1-like specs and then the R1 was to be the low-mp flagship. No big deal that Canon is flipping the script, but it left some of us wanting a pro-level R5, and now we will...
  15. highdesertmesa

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

They literally said, "the size of walls". 20x30 is a dog house wall.
  16. highdesertmesa

Canon may get to second base with the R3, but 24mp is still a bunt.
  17. highdesertmesa

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

A high resolution BSI sensor that hardware scales to two smaller sizes is possible. Firmware to fully support the higher resolutions (heat management issues for example) may not be finished, so a scenario where Canon locks the resolution to the lowest setting is within the realm of possibility...
  18. highdesertmesa

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

Yes, sensor-based but resolution is selectable in firmware. The Leica M11 is rumored to have a new 60mp BSI sensor that will shoot in three resolution modes. And since Canon is designing their own new BSI sensor, they may have found a way around any downsides.