Search results

1. LightroomQueen

Short Review of: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 - The Missing FAQ by Victoria Brampton!

Thanks Mr Spokane. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading. @Jethro, yes, the Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (cloudy) versions are much more recent. They last went to press in 2018, but I've continued updating the eBooks with every single dot release, and you get a further year's updates when you...
  2. LightroomQueen

Adobe Announces Cloud-Based Lightroom CC

I'm not trying to pull your leg. It's not just hiding UI bits in the program, it's all the installation/licensing/sales stuff that causes most of the complications. A huge amount of the support stuff I deal with are due to the dual licensing systems, and that's only me!
  3. LightroomQueen

Adobe Announces Cloud-Based Lightroom CC

Yeah, that's no secret, but my aim is always to be honest with you. If I was worried about my business relationship with Adobe, I wouldn't have warned about jumping straight into LR7 without testing it first, or called them out on the 6.2 import dialog debacle a year or two back. I do make my...
  4. LightroomQueen

finally giving up on Lr...best alternative?

Thank you very much guys! Yes, it has a huge impact. It's a lot more pixels to compute. That's where the new Smart Preview preference setting really comes into its own.
  5. LightroomQueen

Oh, one more thing, since you're on 8-core. Try Simon Chen's config.lua test half way down this page...
  6. LightroomQueen

My ears were burning. ;) There's a checklist in the back of my free Performance eBook, but you seem to have done a lot of it already. Are the performance problems limited to slider movements? What resolution monitor? Any secondary monitor? What kind of adjustments are already applied to the...