Search results

1. The3o5FlyGuy

Canon RF 24-300mm f/2.8-5.6L IS USM optical formula patent published

shocked its not a 7.1 aperture.... I really hope Canon lives up to the hype it's built around its ability to build new and unique lenses. We went into the RF mount expecting a lot of innovation, but to the same degree that we've been impressed, we've also been pretty disappointed. I still cant...
  2. The3o5FlyGuy

Canon EOS R5 Mark II going to 60mp? [CR1]

I got the Canon R6 terrified that 20 megapixels wouldn\'t be enough. On a trip to Kenya & Tanzenia I took about 10 thousand photos on it alone. I thanked GOD it was only 20mp because any more and the file sizes in RAW would have been crazy. I was thinking of paring the R6 with an r5 mark ii when...
  3. The3o5FlyGuy

An RF Zoom fisheye is coming [CR2]

I'm really not that excited about Canon's lenses as much as I used to be. Since they've decided to ban 3'd party native lenses for RF mount cameras, i've started restricting my investments in the system altogether. I hate not having options, especially if there's a lens another company makes...
  4. The3o5FlyGuy

A new super telephoto lens will be announced soon

that 200-400 price is probably going to be crazier than theEF version. I was hoping that the rumors of an RF 200-500 were true and that maybe Canon would make it a 2x teleconverter, but wishful thoughts I suppose. The real win however is that the price of the EF 200-400 will probably drop by a...
  5. The3o5FlyGuy

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

4K ate 120fps should be a must by now…. Or at least 1080p at 240fps
  6. The3o5FlyGuy

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II should be announced sometime this year

Wasn't interested at all. Seemed like the most pointless upgrade, but if they're offering trade ins, I may be interested
  7. The3o5FlyGuy

Patent: Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS 1.4x plus other supertelephoto optical designs

I remember there being a patient for a 1.4 and a 2.0 teleconverter/adapter that was supposed to be released. THAT would up things a bit if it were added to the 300, 400, 500, and 600. Cost would probably be crazy though
  8. The3o5FlyGuy

The Canon EOS R1 may not come until the 2nd half of 2023 [CR2]

The R6 and the R5 has already caused the price of the 1Dx Mark III to plummet. I was hoping with the R7 and the R1 dropping this year the price of a used 1Dx might drop even further. I wanted it because of some of its video features and because i wanted that unlimited buffer. I often hit the...
  9. The3o5FlyGuy

The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L USM is coming in Q4 of 2022 [CR3]

It’s probably going to cost almost double what the Sigma costs for it to be just a little bit faster and an incremental increase in sharpness.
  10. The3o5FlyGuy

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

anyone else see this? they deleted it
  11. The3o5FlyGuy

Patent: Impressive super telephoto L zoom lenses for the RF mount

I'd love the Canon RF 300mm-800mm f/8L but I have the much older, and probably HEAVER sigma version, and it's served me well. The canon at f/8 will probably focus just as fast as the sigma at f/5.6, but Canon will probably be lighter.
  12. The3o5FlyGuy

Patent: Impressive super telephoto L zoom lenses for the RF mount

Interested in seeing what the Canon RF 150mm-600mm f/5-6.3L can do. I have the sigma version but its so horribly built that it broke easily after one trip. I'd love it if Canon finally made one but faster at focusing and with much better quality... Terrified about that price though
  13. The3o5FlyGuy

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

I know the megapixel war is supposed to be over but this is underwhelming
  14. The3o5FlyGuy

Firmware: Canon EOS R6 v1.4.0, adds Canon Log 3

The fact that there are features Canon could have given us but didn’t is troubling. It took over a year of people complaining for more log options and duel video recording?
  15. The3o5FlyGuy

Canon has released a list of RF lenses that they can’t meet the demand for

wouldn't it make more sense to buy the Ef version of that 400mm since they're essentially the same? That way you'd at least have the flexibility of using it on a Canon DSLR if you need to.
  16. The3o5FlyGuy

Patent: Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM as well as an RF 24mm f/1.2L USM and RF 28mm f/1.2L USM

Will the price for them all be one kidney or two?
  17. The3o5FlyGuy

Patent: Canon RF 100mm f/2 IS STM Macro

I’ve been waiting a while now to see more new and impressive lenses from Canon in the RF mount like we were promised. The 28-70 f/2 lens was an awesome start but after that i was really left underwhelmed. The RF 70-200 is cool but what else is there?
  18. The3o5FlyGuy

Canon cameras that I’m told are coming in 2021

if a Crop sensor camera came out that was better than the R6 & R5 and similar to the R1, I’d be interested.
  19. The3o5FlyGuy

Rumors of a Canon EOS R5c and EOS R5s [CR1]

Canon should have just done everything right the first time. Adding another camera to the R line to combat the overheating just makes you lose more faith with consumers. I don't want to have to buy a whole new camera just because Canon didn't get it right the first time
  20. The3o5FlyGuy

Two new RF L mount lenses rumored for 2021 [CR1]

woah....... 500mm f/ 2.8.....