Search results

1. aslsw66

Peak Design Donates 100% of Profits From its 4-Day Travel Tripod Launch for COVID-19 Response and Combating Climate Change

I've bought the Travel Tripod (and a bunch of other PD gear too). It's does what it says on the box: great for travel. We go overseas at least once a year, my previous tripod took up a chunk of space in a suitcase, but this one is much smaller and lighter. And that means I'm more likely to take...
  2. aslsw66

Kickstarter: Peak Design Unveils The Next Generation of Camera Tripods

I had the original Messenger bag and have to agree with this. I took it to NZ and with camera, lenses and tripod it was too much. Mind you, I'm a small-framed skinny person so it might be better for someone who is more 'robust'. I've got the 20L version (see my comment above about being small)...
  3. aslsw66

Kickstarter: Peak Design Unveils The Next Generation of Camera Tripods

I'm a massive fan of Peak Design gear. It's well designed and fit-for-purpose but where they absolutely shine is in their support. A few examples: I noticed one of my anchor links was fraying so posted a photo on Twitter about it. They responded by saying they had upgraded their anchor links...
  4. aslsw66

Tamron Announces 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD

It's definitely a case of 'horses for course'. I previously had the 18-270 (since moved on to my son) and then bought the 16-300 for my wife. As always, there's a compromise to be made... We were living in Europe and travelling a lot on weekends. As my wife has shoulder issues, I tend to...