Search results

1. E

Round-up: All of the rumored Canon gear to appear over the last week

People need to accept the Nice one you joined yesterday! LOL The standard Canon 5 series has always been a jack of all trades....why would it suddenly become a ultra high MP camera? Canon will release a Canon 5Rs soon enough, hold your horses. The landscapes are not going anywhere!
  2. E

Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

errrrrrr hold the phone...Canon isnt doomed?
  3. E

The first supertelephoto for the RF mount to be an RF 500mm f/4L IS [CR1]

I'm no wildlife or sport shooter but this surely means if true (noted its CR1) that a EOS 1R type pro weather sealed, mid range MPix, insane AF, pro ergonomics, badman of a camera is coming? I really hope so, I am a unequivocal canon fanboy and would love Canon to smash it out the park!
  4. E

Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

Thanks for the clarification, appreciated. I would happily have a thicker pancake as long as it retained its portability and IQ. Personally if Canon produced such a lens IMHO i think they would sell tons of them....would be a killa landscape travel lens. C'mon Canon make this lens!
  5. E

I personally would really appreciate f2 or f2.8 20mm pancake! Love the EF 40mm f2.8 pancake.....I'm sure someone much more educated than myself will say its not possible...
  6. E

An RF 24mm f1.4 L that is good for astro / landscape (low level of coma, CA, lens warp) would probably make me jump ship from my trusty 5D4.....if and only if there's is a Canon EOS 5R MK1 (hopefully 60+ MP with no AA filter) released that has better IQ than the 5D4.
  7. E

Patent: Lots of optical formula lens patents for the EF mount

I'd Imagine pretty hefty!
  8. E

Patent: Lots of optical formula lens patents for the EF mount

Would love me some a 14mm f1.4!
  9. E

Patent: Lots of optical formula lens patents for the RF mount

oooooh lala, 14-40 F4L! Add that to the growing list of revolutionary lenses for MILC. I bet that 17-70 will sell a load with the RP
  10. E

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

An EOS R version of the 5Ds / 5Dsr line aimed at Landscape photographers sporting increased resolution, increased dynamic range (please!), DPAF, weather sealed, optional crop to reduce resolution (smaller files), built in intervalometer and a few other bells and whistles. Landscape photographers...
  11. E

Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L USM one of the “crazy” lenses coming next year [CR1]

If the specs are a RF 14-21mm f1.4 L , it's going to be seriously expensive! My bank account is fearing its arrival already!
  12. E

Dynamic range comparison between the EOS RP, EOS 6D Mark II and EOS R

There's alot of techniques that you can use to ensure you don't blow out the skies using all of the cameras you state you own. I recommend always using a tripod. 1) Use graduated ND filters, this allows for an even exposure across the whole sensor. Meaning your sky and ground will be correctly...
  13. E

Preorder: Canon EOS RP camera and kits

+1 - All about this. I miss reading articles about the 'craft'. I personally have recently broken my 5D4 and have had to resort to my old 7D until i can afford repair. I shoot landscapes, I do really miss my 5D4 DR but having to use my 7D again has rekindled my enthusiasm for nailing the shot...
  14. E

Thoughts on the Canon EOS R roadmap

In all honesty I would love Canon to out out a high MP (50-80)EOS R as soon as possible so that I could jump from my 5D4, although I don't think a Canon should do that. They need to wait, develop their tech further so that when they release their first pro mirrorlesss body it's a knockout...
  15. E

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

There's always bracketing your exposure. Have you ever tried using a 14mm with filters on the front of the lens? Pain in the ass. Having either the CPL or ND at the rear will really help reduce flare and the weight of set up. Also if you have ND or CPL at the rear and a grad on the front you...
  16. E

Is a native EF mount coming to a Canon full frame mirrorless camera? [CR1]

Dual Approach maximises Canon's profits and doesn't put majority of peoples jaw out of joint. Highly likely IMHO
  17. E

Canon Announces the EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera

Lets be honest, for the price point this is a solid mirrorless spec. This M50 is a perfect cam to get new enthusiasts into their ecosystem. Really looking forward to reading / watching the reviews on how this one performs, if this is the specs of their entry level mirrorless then their...
  18. E

Full Specifications for the Tamron 70-210mm f/4 VC

IMO this is too expensive, too heavy, and has 3rd party AF. surely majority of people will save a little more for the brilliant performing 70-200 f4 IS L which in the UK is £989 right now. My reason for buying the Canon f4 version was how light and compact the lens is for hiking.
  19. E

Canon Officially Announces the EOS 6D Mark II

I have for months now reading every single post on this camera and as a landscape / astro photog all I am very interested in increased weather sealing and increased DR. Seems like a solid review of the Camera....Although I really will be amazed if the weather sealing really is as good as the...