Search results

1. B

First sunrise of 2024 from Down Under

Thanks everyone and happy new year!
  2. B

First sunrise of 2024 from Down Under

Tough getting up for this one...worked 8.5 hours on NYE then went straight to a party and only had one hour sleep before making 1.5 hour drive to location for sunrise...was worth it in the end though especially with the unexpectedly good weather this morning (it's been raining/storming where we...
  3. B

Iceland

I've seen some images of people getting real close during the first eruption before I got there, but I'm not sure if I'd do it solo nor would I feel responsible getting myself in trouble and then needing rescue, as cool as it might be to get experience it and get shots up close haha.
  4. B

Iceland

Haha yea I literally traveled there in between all the eruptions; there was one like a week/week and a half before I got there and another one a couple of weeks after I left I think? Now another one.
  5. B

Pro-Canon Whining

I hope so, as we both know UWA has not been a forte of Canon's since the EF days...and I hope that if they do make a version of their own they'd include something like that focus lock switch. For sure. The sensor in my R6II is so good I am now looking to pick up an R8 to get it modified for...
  6. B

Iceland

Thanks mate!
  7. B

Pro-Canon Whining

I want that Sigma 14mm f/1.4 so bad lol, especially that focus lock switch's a brilliant idea.
  8. B

Iceland

I mean how else would I leave my mark :unsure::LOL:
  9. B

Pro-Canon Whining

Oh gee that's quite a bit of dole. But yea I was thinking third party options as well even though RF third party's technically not a thing (unless adapting of course). I feel like pricing vs performance would still be a challenge though for Canon to make sure it doesn't hurt the sale of the...
  10. B

Pro-Canon Whining

Lol my theory on why a 50/1.4 will never come from Canon: competition has phenomenal 50/1.4's at very reasonable prices so Canon needs to compete image quality wise while being aggressive with their pricing but if that's the case for the mass majority there's probably no reason to go for the...
  11. B

Iceland

Thanks guys!
  12. B

Iceland

Thanks bud. So it faceplanted with the wind blowing everything over initially I thought it was just cosmetic damage around the casing/filter thread but soon found out it won't focus to infinity at the widest focal length had to zoom into roughly 17mm and even then it's hit/miss and I'd have to...
  13. B

Iceland

Made my first ever trip to Iceland in September this year; went solo driving around the country over two weeks. Quite the amazing experience though I was a bit unlucky with the weather (clouds and rain) this trip therefore didn't get to experience the aurora much (especially with crazy activity...
  14. B

SIGMA RF mount lens information finally coming in February 2024? [CR1]

Agree with Neuro here; I've shot Canon all my life even through the days of getting constantly reminded that Canon sensors are sh!t etc compared to the competitors (as a landscape shooter). I can easily acknowledge that Sonikon were producing better sensors and while I did want Canon to do...
  15. B

I'll start ending some of my posts with /s. /s
  16. B

Sunset at Moogerah Lake

Thanks mate. I've been there so many times haha might be due for another drive out there.
  17. B

The Sigma 105mm is designed with astrophotography as a main focus along with portraiture making sure it corrects for coma and astigmatism wide open hence the weight, it also arguably has better IQ than the Nikon version (sharper and IIRC Cameralabs did a comparison showing it had smoother...
  18. B

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II is closer to a reality than Canon’s claims

Lol I thought my camera had a fault when I first upgraded my old 5D4 to the R6.
  19. B

Canon RF 10-20mm F4L IS STM Preview/Review Summary

Yea interesting the Canon definitely looks better there. It was Lenstip where I read that the Sigma was better: https://www.lenstip.com/506.6-Lens_review-Sigma_A_14_mm_f_1.8_DG_HSM_Distortion.html
  20. B

Canon RF 10-20mm F4L IS STM Preview/Review Summary

I could be wrong as it's been a while but I am pretty sure when I was looking up reviews the Sigma 14mm f/1.8 had less distortion than the EF 14mm f/2.8 II, IIRC it was Lenstip? @EOS 4 Life yea me too, I am sure Canon would have one in the works though I wonder if (and how much) the Canon...