Search results

1. H

Canon officially announces the RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM and RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

EF-s looks a bit sharper to me, but not much. I have this lens on the 90D and am very pleased with the pictures it delivers. The RF 24 is twice the price: should be twice as good......
  2. H

Canon officially announces the RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM and RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

I did a test-chart comparison with the RF24-240 (on R5) and it seems to me that the RF-S lens is much worse. Disappointing for the RF-S lens indeed. I thought it would be better. Perhaps bad copy, and perhaps images look good once they are printed. We'll wait and see.
  3. H

Black Friday: Save 50% on all DXO software products until November 29

Any experience with the 2022 On1 NoNoise AI compared to PhotoLab? On1 looks improved.
  4. H

Vehicle AF and more coming to the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 in December firmware update

Completely agree. Recently I was considering a Sony a7 iv to have access to all those nice Tamron lenses... :eek: But than I took my Canon-medicine, and now it's over. Probably an R6. Looks amazing!
  5. H

Vehicle AF and more coming to the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 in December firmware update

Exactly. Just a little polish, and we would be so happy. But you could say the same for the M6 ii. And it won't happen!
  6. H

Portrait made using R6 + RF24-105 F4 L

Want to buy the RF L for my RP, but always "sold-out" or "temporarily unavailable" in my store... and that is good for my wallet. Perhaps one day, within one or two years or so, when I'll migrate to the R6. I have time. Waiting for some discounts... (Lovely picture, by the way.)
  7. H

The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

And not a camera for me. But I like reading about the specs and the capabilities. Impressive! One day this new technology (eg better autofocus) could ripple down to lower end camera's. I'll wait and will upgrade my M100 to an M50ii. (Similarity: 24MP :ROFLMAO:) M50ii counts for me: an EVF and...
  8. H

Here is the Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM

Yes it is. Completely agree. And with these things, patience is the keyword. The ox is slow but the earth is patient.
  9. H

Yes. But I am somewhere between cheap and expensive. I am looking for the R6, but what then? Not completely convinced of the STM primes, and the L primes are to expensive and to heavy. A cheaper body does not solve my problem. It's the lenses. We'll wait and see. Only L-candidate for me is the...
  10. H

I have an RP with EF24-70 adapted. 24mm is wide enough for me, most of the times. Don't shoot ultrawide very often. But this 16mm if f/2.8 could be a no-brainer, if IQ is acceptable. Funny, I am also considering the Sigma 56mm f/1.4 for my M100. And even more, I probably will get the M50ii for...
  11. H

Canon aiming for a $799 full-frame camera? [CR2]

I also am always surprised that my G5X ii gives very very good pictures. The lens is wide and long enough, as you mention, and sharp enough. It has a good mini-mini-grip, one can hold it forever. It has an EVF if you want one. Focus is good. Ergonomics are way better than a phone. I am always...
  12. H

Canon aiming for a $799 full-frame camera? [CR2]

Exactly. I like my little RP for the size and IQ but have no RF lenses... It is big with my adapted EF 24-70 f/2.8. :( I have an M100 with Sigma 30/56 f/1.4 EF-m. And for that eye-AF that you mention, I am now considering that M50 Mark ii. Perhaps M50ii also for you? (I cannot see my...
  13. H

Eye autofocus M50ii vs RP

I have the RP. I was considering a portrait lens: the Samyang RF 85mm f/1.4. Or the Canon RF 85mm f/2.0. (But why not try that Samyang...) And then I tought: why not that little M50 ii with the Sigma DC DN 56mm f/1.4. That is a portrait lens and a little backup camera, with "good eye...
  14. H

Thanks for your considerations. The M50 Mark ii is said to have "better" eye-autofocus, but better than what? And I can not find a comparison with the RP:unsure: , so I don't know how "good" it is. (Perhaps I should rent the M50ii for a day...)
  15. H

Anybody experience with the eye-autofocus of the M50 Mark ii versus the eye-autofocus of the Eos RP (with af firmware update)? Is there a great difference? Example: portrait of walking person, or kids (photo, not video). Which one is best?
  16. H

Here is the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

This RF100mm on an EOS R6 (20Mpx) or on an R5 (45 Mpx): would that be a huge difference in image quality? (Or on an EOS Rp 26 Mpx?) My question is: is sensor resolution very important for Macro?
  17. H

Show your Bird Portraits

Our pheasant in late summer, when he was just a kid. With the 6D and Tamron 35-150.
  18. H

RF 35 f/1.8 or RF 50 f/1.8 ?

Exactly, I was also considering the EF 40mm f2.8 for my 6D. I always think this lens is a little bit "forgotten". Nobody mentions it. Perhaps it is to tiny to be in the spotlight? So I did not jump, but I am still hesitating. On the other hand, I use my Tamron 35-150mm f2.8-4.0 a lot, I bought...
  19. H

RF 35 f/1.8 or RF 50 f/1.8 ?

A reason to duplicate focal lengths could be the size and weight? I have a 6D and a RP with the EF 24-70/2.8L. But I am also considering the RF 35/1.8 for the size and Indoor/WalkAround. Am also considering a (used) Tamron SP 45/1.8 VC to leave it ("glued") on my 6D (or adapt it on my RP)...
  20. H

In search of advice: RP better than the original 6D ?

Currently I have a 90D and a 6D. My wife uses the 90D. I have my 6D since 2012 and I am very very pleased with it. Allways nice pictures. I love the colors. I am using it for travel or family pictures. No sports, perhaps sometimes tennis or dancing, that's all. Nothing very fast. And 20...