Search results

1. A

SmallRig announces LP-E6NH battery for Canon, priced at $39.99 USD.

Tried many 3rd party LP-E6(NH) batteries, but never found one as good or reliable as the original ones. I think they all use inferior cells or just have bad quality control.
  2. A

Canon releases firmware v1.3.0 for the EOS R7

The same old Canon is back. Since the big updates for EOS R, I hoped for bigger firmware updates with enhancements and features. Looks like it will now only contain bugfixes and the rest is to be expected in Mark II.
  3. A

Another announcement cycle is out of the way, so what’s next from Canon for the EOS R system?

I do not believe in a R successor, just makes no sense. Unless it's called that because of the missing IBIS, joystick, single card slot and to make fun of us they include a new touch bar :LOL:
  4. A

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

I'm hoping for a small lower end full-frame (no ibis, single card slot, lp-E17 battery), but if one comes, it will be the RP successor. Don't see any place for a R replacement, since it was a baby 5DIV (clog, top-screen). Maybe a dumbed down and crippled R6II, but would not call that a R...
  5. A

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Looks like the new hotshoe to me. Would be the main reason they updated the R6. Indeed, but can't understand why they change the layout for every camera that much every time. Makes it difficult to use multiple (different) cameras that way.
  6. A

UK pricing for the new Canon gear has leaked ahead of tomorrow’s announcement

I'll pass in Europe for just a slight firmware and sensor upgrade. Lets see what black friday gives...
  7. A

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will be announced on November 2, 2022

So how is that possible? Is it because the R has an OLPF and the R3 a weaker one or none?
  8. A

Just wait until it's clear it won't have a stacked sensor and come back reading the comments here:LOL:
  9. A

Didn't know that. A lot of people indeed use the R6 as a wedding camera. Also don't forget the video overheating that was, unlike the R5, never fixed. Impossible to use it to do 4k video and photography on events or weddings
  10. A

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

Don't forget Canon made that 26mp sensor just for the 6Dii / RP back then. So why not a 24mp sensor for the R6ii and some RP successor?
  11. A

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II should be announced sometime this year

They are going to use the all new and even smaller nano-HDMI :LOL: I think they found a way to stretch out that old APS-C 24Mpix sensor to full-frame somehow :D
  12. A

This is the Canon RF lens roadmap

When will we see some EF-M lenses get ported to the RF-S like the 11-22mm, 22mm and 32mm??? Should be a quick one for Canon, just use the existing optical design, add plastic housing and lens mount instead, increase f-stop and price.
  13. A

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

I always want the camera with top LCD, but I rarely use it :LOL: The R7 is my first one without top LCD and not really missing it either. Indeed, if that was the case they would say 'stacked' or 'R3 sensor' in leaked specs. Would also be a stupid business move from Canon. They are even afraid...
  14. A

Indeed, even the original EOS R was better as you could program C3 with your required movie settings and when pressing record from photo mode, it would record video with those settings in photo mode. Guess they'll give it unlimited recording, better R3 AF and less overheating...
  15. A

Likely Canon is producing a new 24mpix sensor for the R6II (with dual card & ibis) and a lower entry level body R8/R9 (single card, no ibis) and give it the R7 level AF upgrade. I do not believe they will reuse the same R3 sensor in the R6II (it's just too soon). Also I do not believe in a RII...
  16. A

I must say, I was very sceptical about this too with the R7. But now after using it for a week, I'm used to it and it also feels like the best place for it. I hope they'll continue this trend and also put it on other bodies like that. The R multi function unfortunately I never get really used...
  17. A

A new rumor suggest that the Canon EOS R will be replaced by a Canon EOS R8 [CR1]

Like even more overheating and max 5 min clips? :LOL: To get below the R6 in specs and price, they will need to dump at least the IBIS and 2nd card slot. Even then, they might risk cannibalizing R6 sales as photographers will buy the R8 instead of the R6 for the 30mpix sensor.
  18. A

DXO launches PhotoLab 6 with next-level noise reduction and AI technology

Will probably be called DxO PureRAW 3 :LOL:
  19. A

Looking to buy, sell or trade used gear? Check out our new partner MPB

While they are rather expensive for common items that you can find better deals for in local shops, you'll also find rare items in stock for the correct price (and not twice the price like on ebay).
  20. A

There are 4 wide-angle L prime lenses coming in the next 12 months [CR2]

That lens is optically not much better then a good copy EF 24-105mm f4 L you could find for around $300.