Search results

1. B

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

Well, for starters the 5DSR is not a DPAF camera, so that alone is a near absolute guarantee of a brand new sensor for whatever replaces it.
  2. B

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

As it should be. The M line has been, from day one, primarily focused on size. The R line, in contrast, will be focused on quality/performance. I think it is a smart move to keep that split, and if an M6 mk II has the fully articulated screen of the M50, i will seriously consider getting one...
  3. B

Canon Launches New Flagship XF705 Professional Camcorder Featuring 4K Video Recording at 60P/4:2:2/10-Bit

1" DPAF sensor? Unless i'm mistaken that is new, and exciting for the PowerShot G series future
  4. B

DPReview: Canon EOS R first impressions with Chris and Rishi

That I think is the point so many people are missing: M will live on as the compact/travel line. No matter what people hope for, you simply cannot have extreme performance in a tiny package, and trying to make both work together would require some form of compromise. There is however nothing...
  5. B

A hypothesis concerning the RF mount

That I think is the "innovation" people are missing. Simply following suit with a thin, small body mirrorless is just more of the same. Giving us a full sized mirrorless, with the ability to control the focal plane depth, would be new. Not to mention not having to rebuild the entire lens line...
  6. B

A hypothesis concerning the RF mount

IBIS systems imply that it is already possible, it's more a question of logistics. Realistically, the same mechanisms that drive the focus group in the lens could drive the sensor plane as well, as long as there are flex cables attached to everything. And those systems actuate far more...
  7. B

Sony Executive: Expects Canon and Nikon full frame mirrorless by this year

The fully articulated screen is worth gold in my opinion. I've gotten seriously spoiled by them already, and there is no way I could use a camera without one at this point. As for "feature omission," I don't miss anything with the 6DII, and I certainly don't care about video at all. It is a...
  8. B

Tokina Officially Announces the Opera 50mm f/1.4 FF

I now immediately think of ahsanford any time I see a new 50mm lens release. The universe has never trolled one person so well.
  9. B

Will it be the EOS M1? [CR2]

Another thing to note: look at the marking position on an A7 or A9 for the focal plane vs the marking on the 5DIV. Yes, Sony has a much shorter flange distance, but their sensor is also set further forward by a good amount. Sony seemingly has more going on behind the sensor than Canon does...
  10. B

Will it be the EOS M1? [CR2]

Here is a wild idea. Canon showed with the 5DIV the ability to manipulate focus after the fact (to a small degree) using dual pixel raw files. This shows them working to break down the image at a pixel level, and then recombine it with a specific changes. So, here is the idea. Split pixel based...
  11. B

Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III Specifications [CR1]

Re: Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II Specifications [CR1] So... pretty much a fixed lens M6 then. That might be fun. 24-120 isn't something they have available for the M series yet, and is a pretty good range.