Search results

1. J

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM

I have a hard time understanding Canon's fans enthusiasm for large, heavy, fast and very expensive RF lens that are a poor form fit for their small mirrorless cameras. Fuji is the only mirrorless company that has produced quality fast prime lenses that are small and relatively light. I thought...
  2. J

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L USM

Typical canon- one more huge bulbous lens that weighs more than the R camera body. Canon's 135 f2 lens is a light weigh killer lens, where is the need for an f 1.4 edition that weighs more and costs twice as much? This is one of the reasons that I am giving some hard thought to abandoning Canon...
  3. J

Will dSLR's be sustained only by nostalgia?

Canon needs to make their next R camera with external controls that match their DSLR. You can do virtually everything on a Canon 5d4 without going into menus, including setting ISO speed, drive mode, f stop and shutter speed etc. This would make it easier for Canon users to transition to...
  4. J

Will dSLR's be sustained only by nostalgia?

I really don't think Mirrorless will replace Canon DSLR's until they create small high quality lenses to be a good fit for these smaller bodies. The only company that has done this right is fuji, they have a full suite of high quality lens with small form factor to match their compact bodies...
  5. J

SIGMA to address their RF mount plans in early 2020 [CR2]

I have an RP and the only native RF lens I have is the macro 35mm f1.8. Great lens and it fits the form factor of the RP perfectly. Hopefully Sigma will not simply convert their fast but heavy lenses like their 35mm f 1.4 Art lens to a RF mount. A lens of that size would be too heavy for my RP...
  6. J

Canon has introduced a wonderful line of APC and full frame Mirrorless Cameras in their M and RF lines. Canons biggest deficit is in native lenses for both series. In the M series they produce great bodies but cheap plastic slow lenses with F stops ranging from f4-6.3. The M line has converters...
  7. J

Good news. Hope Sigma makes light lenses that fit form factor of small mirrorless. Why purchase a light weight RP camera and hang a 2lb Canon 85 mm 1.2 hunk of glass on it ? Sigma 1.4 prime lenses are a little on the heavy side for an RP camera. Tamron makes a line of f1.8 IS lenses that are...
  8. J

Two new EOS M cameras rumoured to be coming in 2020 [CR1]

I thought long and hard about buying and M50. Biggest problem is lack of native lenses. M series is so small that ef/es lenses are too large to use with it by adapter. I purchased a Canon RP full frame. Very happy with its performance and size. My canon prime lenses -50 and 85- work beautifully...
  9. J

RF Native Lens

Purchased an RP a few weeks ago. Love the form factor and ability to use some of my prime EOS lenses by adapter. Wish canon would produce a line of light weight and affordable RF lens in f 1.8. Seems like all their producing is ridiculously expensive, large and heavy F1.2 lenses. The only...
  10. J

SIGMA again announces EF-M lenses, and mount conversion service

I agree. Hope those lenses are small enough to fit the form factor of the M series bodies. Still a big disappointment that Canon has not added any new native lenses for the M series bodies since the 50mm. . The new M6mk 2 has the guts of the new Canon 90 D yet comes equipped with the cheap...
  11. J

Canon EOS M200 coming soon

Really happy that Canon is continuing to improve Canon M bodies. I wish they would add more high quality native lenses for the system. At the present time there is only the 50mm 1.4 comes close to professional level quality. The rest with the exception of the 3mm f2 pancake lens are cheap kit l...
  12. J

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

I like the M bodies but the lens lineup is minimal at best. The M series has been around for over six years and IMO they only have three quality lenses: M 22m f2, 11-22 f5.6 and new equiv. 50 mm 1.4. The kit lenses are trash with a 6.3 aperture and a cheap plastic lens mount. Canon came out...
  13. J

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Read all the stuff on the new Canon EOS R, looks like a well thought out system and something as a surprise because the kept the specs under wrap so far. I have a 5D4 and see absolutely no reason to sell that to move to the new EOS R. To begin with there is only a 4-5 ounce weight difference...
  14. J

What's Next From Canon?

It is beyond agonizing waiting for Canon to come up with a full frame mirrorless camera almost five years after Sony's full frame cameras hit the market. The only chance Canon has of penetrating that market is for the new full frame to accommodate EF lenses. Canon's evolution of native lenses...
  15. J

Review: Canon EOS M50 by TDP

I really would like to buy the Canon M50, with the Digic 8 processor, improved autofocus and other improvements that make if much more feature rich than the M5 at a lower price point. What is hugely disappointing is the lack of native lenses. After reading all the reviews the only lenses that...
  16. J

OpticalLimits reviews the Canon EF-M 18-55 STM IS and EF-M 55-200mm STM IS

I am a long time Canon DSLR user. I believe the entire Canon M system is substandard- when compared to the competition. Fuji has both a small form factor and a killer lineup of lenses. Sony has the best sensors in the business ( just ask Nikon and fuji) but terrible menus and a limited offering...
  17. J

Canon, King in SLR Cameras, Makes Inroads Into Mirrorless

Canon should just buy Fuji. They are light years ahead of canon in mirrorless lens and body development. The M series bodies are getting better but the problem is there are few if any quality native lenses for the M series. The kit lenses are very slow at F6. There is one pancake fast prime lens...
  18. J

Here is the USD Pricing for the EOS M50 & Speedlite 470EX-AI

This looks like an upgraded body from the M5: newer processor and upgraded video. Canon will have to reduce the price on the M5, it is not selling well anyway. Still the M series bodies are progressing but where are the lenses? Why would anyone invest 800-900 for a M body when they the native...
  19. J

Poll Added: Here's Why Canon Doesn't Need to Innovate, But it Should

I am a long term Canon user. Love their glass and the mechanics and durability of their bodies. There is no denying that they have fallen behind in the sensor field. I just paid 3200 for a Canon 5D4 which I love but from all the reviews I have read and I have reviewed many the 5d4 is about...
  20. J

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless to use Dedicated Sensor [CR2]

Re: Canon Mirrorless FF 2018 or 2019 The only camera manufacturer that has matched a great selection of high quality small factor prime and zoom lenses for its Mirrorless systems is Fuji. Sony has great sensors and almost unmatched image quality but their lenses for the most part are too large...