Search results

1. W

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

Only other thing I’d be looking for (which I hope is a given, given the latest from R7 and R6 II) is no 30m record limit and I think it’ll be the perfect camera! Interesting about dual CFExpress - for my R5 I bought a CFExpress card but no reader, so I essentially use my SD slot as my ‘main...
  2. W

Preorder: Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM & Canon Speedlite EL-5

Kai Wong’s preview shows the R6 ii having a ‘drum machine sound’ in electronic shutter mode which sounds a lot like the R3’s … check here around 4:25! Having a slower frame rate for electronic shutter is a very nice feature, I’m not a huge fan of R5/6 having only 20fps or single shooting!
  3. W

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

No record limit, slight bump in MP from 20 to 24, better rolling shutter performance and a photo/video switch in place of the old on/off button and 150p are all small but important reasons that make me want to upgrade from R6 as my backup wedding camera for both photo and video!
  4. W

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Liking the new on/off/lock switch and a photo/video switch in place of the old on/off! Waiting to hear more about video record time limit and stacked sensor from R3 before deciding whether to jump.
  5. W

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II should be announced sometime this year

If it happens to be an R6 with the 24mp sensor from the R3 and removal of the 30min record limit I would be pretty tempted to upgrade!
  6. W

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

Exactly, I’m not sure I’d be giving up FF 4k 60 for the sake of 24mp vs 20. Perhaps if there was no record limit like the R7 got I might be persuaded…
  7. W

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

The return of the photo/video switch got me thinking (and I do wonder if I’ve stumbled upon a solution to saving battery that perhaps hasn’t been thought of yet), something I’ve been craving in mirrorless cameras that doesn’t seem to exist yet is a ‘DSLR like’ mode where the button in the middle...
  8. W

Canon will soon announce the RF 600mm f/4L IS USM, RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

Shall we take bets on the price of the flagship big whites?
  9. W

Canon production issues to be resolved by the end of March

Took the words right out my mouth, everyone else asking for R1, R5s, R7... I just humbly ask for some EF-RF mount adapters!
  10. W

8K recording options for the Canon EOS R5 leak

If it’s *only* 8k and 4k 120 that don’t have crop, does that mean we still won’t have an option for uncropped 4k in 24/30p??
  11. W

SIGMA to make a major RF mount announcement in the near future [CR1]

I’m hoping they come out with their own version of an f2 trinity of zooms, at a more reasonable price! The thing Sigma has always struggled with in their lenses is autofocus performance with DSLR phase detect systems, but they work far better in live view. In my opinion, Sigma optics, build...
  12. W

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

Here’s hoping for the new optical joystick found on the 1DX iii! I’d love to hear that confirmed in the new body too...
  13. W

A Canon RF 16-28mm f/2L USM is coming [CR1]

I for one am really excited at the thought of three f2 zooms that can cover anything. As someone who’s yet to upgrade to full frame because I get great results with 18-35/50-100 1.8 combo, this is the best reason to move over to the rf system and get the best of all worlds without buying a bag...
  14. W

Canon working on another f/2 zoom lens for the RF mount [CR1]

I’ve been shooting an 80D/70d combo with sigma 18-35 and 50-100 1.8 which has held me off from full frame for years, but the 28-70 f2 immediately caught my attention, and then the rf 70-200 2.8 IS was previewed as a tiny lens compared to normal 70-200, and that got me thinking - they might be...
  15. W

80D Buffer Playback Problem - Busy....Please wait

Not resolved sadly but Zig at Imaging resource did email me back with this helpful response. It seems to be an issue on some canons and not others, even 5D IV?! ‘Hi William - Yes, we noticed the same behavior when we tested the 80D, as well as on other models. Some cameras allow you to view...
  16. W

Is a brand new 32.5mp APS-C sensor from Canon on the way? [CR1]

If the pixel density is the same as the new R, this might imply an 83.2MP EOS R high res model?
  17. W

80D Buffer Playback Problem - Busy....Please wait

Hello folks. I got an 80D recently to go alongside my 70D. In most ways the 80D is a better camera, but my copy is unable to playback images as the buffer clears, which is something my 70D does no problem at all. I've searched and searched and it's not a widely discussed issue, but anybody...
  18. W

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

I would love the 26mp full frame mirorless to be a higher speed, higher end model with better high iso and video specs, reduced crop factor, etc but I suspect this will be a lower end 6D ii equivelant. Bear in mind the R is a mirorless 5D IV with better codec, flip screen, except for dual card...
  19. W

Canon Launches New Flagship XF705 Professional Camcorder Featuring 4K Video Recording at 60P/4:2:2/10-Bit

Reading more into specs... it has 5 axis IBIS! Sure signs of good things to come for future R bodies??