4. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Jackdaw in the grass, Färingsö, Sweden
  5. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Raven reviewing the tourists at the Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
  6. D

Show your Bird Portraits

Gull patrolling the castle grounds in Alicante, Spain.
  7. D

Webcam utility pro announced, what do you think ?

I've been using my R6 with my MacBook Pro and the free EOS Webcam Utility for delivering online courses using Teams and Zoom. If the R62 can provide better quality for that use case without requiring an additional app or subscription, that makes the upgrade an even easier decision.
  8. D

Canon EOS R6 Mark II already in prototype testing [CR1]

That isn't what I was suggesting. The R3 has many additional features that drive costs. Eye-AF. The optical sensor on the joystick. Double sets of controls. The battery grip. Additional ports. Higher resolution EVF and screen. Higher fps with both mechanical and electronic shutter. The R6 body...
  9. D

Canon EOS R6 Mark II already in prototype testing [CR1]

Keep the same body and controls. Swap in the sensor, focus system, and hot shoe from the R3. Retain compatibility with the same battery grip as the R6. That would be enough if the goal is to maximize the performance while keeping the price attractive. Of course, I would also appreciate a higher...
  10. D

The next full-frame RF mount camera will be a replacement for the Canon EOS R

R Mk2 = 30-32 MP BSI sensor, Digic X processor, single SD card slot, no IBIS, R5-R6 autofocus, R6 controls. R6 Mk2 = Upgrade to R3 (24MP) sensor, AF system, and higher performance EVF.
  11. D

Here are some rumoured RF-S lenses that may be coming in the near future.

I enjoyed the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 on my 1000D, 70D, and 7D2, but I hope that Canon updates the IQ for the RF-S 16-55 f/2.8 as I don't think that it will be sharp enough across the whole frame to support the resolution of the R7. Of course, I would love it if Canon would also offer an RF-S 50-100 at...
  12. D

Here is what Canon is announcing next, including the EOS R7, EOS R10 and RF-S lenses [CR3]

If the R7 is built to satisfy 7D users as a crop-sensor body for professional use, the R10 can go with a lower-res sensor and single card to reduce the cost, size, and weight. From my experience with the 7D2, 5D4, R, and R6, a 24MP crop sensor in an IBIS-equipped, EOS R-sized body with a...
  13. D

2022 is scheduled to ‘The Year of the Camera Body’ [CR3]

I switched from the R to the R6. Based on my experience with both, I'd think that they could use the same sensor as the R and the same Digic X processor as the R3, R5, and R6. The shutter can be a step down (slower and cheaper) from the R5/6, but the focusing and the IBIS should be included...
  14. D

Here is the Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM

I have those gripes about my RF 85 f/2, but it is still a step up from my EF 85 f/1.8 as a portrait lens, and the half-macro function makes it good fun in the forest. My likely upgrade path will be to sell it to get a used EF 85 f/1.4L, and add a used EF 100 macro to scratch that itch until I...
  15. D

Firmware: Canon EOS R6 v1.4.0, adds Canon Log 3

The EOS R has Aperture priority mode for video, as well as a few others that the R6 lacks. Since replacing it with the R6, I use manual mode with the aperture set where I want it and Auto ISO. Most of my video work is done under stable lighting conditions, so it works well enough for my current...
  16. D

Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM to be one of the next lenses announced

With an extra degree on the wide end, and likely smaller size and lower weight and price than the 15-35, this one is definitely on my list!
  17. D

More features and specifications for the Canon EOS R3 have emerged

According to one of the shops that I use here in Stockholm the new hot shoe has connections for communication and voltage supply for accessories.
  18. D

Patent: Canon RF 85mm f/1.4L USM (IS?)

Sign me up. I like my RF 85 f/2 better than the EF 85 f/1.8 that it replaced, but I would be very happy to upgrade to an RF 85 f/1.4L with IS. I made an offer on a used EF 85 f/1.4L IS earlier this week, but someone else beat me to it.
  19. D

Review: Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM by CameraLabs

For me, I suspect that buying the RF 70-200 f/4L would be a sure-fire way to get a variety of indoor sports assignments that would be better-served by the f/2.8. :cautious:
  20. D

Review: Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM

I do a bit of portrait work, so the IS and better overall image quality gave me a clear use case to sell my EF 85 f/1.8 and get the RF 85 f/2. Using my EOS R with the webcam software for online teaching (up to 40 hours a week) gives me a reason to add the RF 35 f/1.8, as the focal length is...