Search results

1. P

Canon updates its list of products affected by supply chain issues

I doubt that plastic is in short supply and the strap looks like any other canon strap. I have 2 or 3 somewhere lying around. That's not a shortage of truck drivers, that's just because you thought Brexit was a smart move.
  2. P

Canon updates its list of products affected by supply chain issues

really? lens hood, strap, eye cup..... :ROFLMAO:
  3. P

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R3

Having no 3rd strap lug is an absolute deal breaker for me. I was considering buying the R3 but I can't live without my hand strap.
  4. P

Canon officially announces the Canon Speedlite EL-1

$1099 .... .. .... . . ..... hahahahahahaha :ROFLMAO:
  5. P

Here are the USD prices for the Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and lenses

Damn, way too expensive for those bodies. Maybe in a year from now or wait for a A7IV :/
  6. P

Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

I'd be more worried about the internet connection cutting out, the chat software crashing and bladder capacity.
  7. P

Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

It doesn't need to be in movie mode. It works in all modes. My Canon bodies don't even have a movie mode , unless you count Live view as a mode. I just need to plug in the cable and turn the camera on.
  8. P

It doesn't matter if you are in movie mode or not. If you are in movie mode, it should close it that is the correct behaviour. While using it as a webcam the screen should be off and the mirror should be up. Seeing it as a storage device is also normal behavior. Also make sure EOS Utility is not...
  9. P

After you installed the webcam utility beta (they use all the same installer, so it doesn't matter which camera you download it from), make sure that you are not running Canon EOS Utility, as that will interfere with the EOS Webcam Utility Beta. Then it should work just fine. BUT for certain...
  10. P

On Linux you don't need any software from Canon to use your camera as a webcam. You can use pretty much use any camera from any manufacturer. It also works with every application I tested, unlike the EOS Webcam Utility Beta, where I had to use a workaround using OBS with the VirtualCam Plugin to...
  11. P

Yes it is, that's why it also works with other models (that aren't on the supported list).
  12. P

Actually both Cameras work. See my update above. I don't mind not having AF for a Webcam, I am happy to just ballpark the focus distance as I don't move around a lot in my chair.
  13. P

Correction: Both my 5DIII and 5DII work! YAY :D After checking EposVoxs Video on it I figured I'd give it another try. The problem is that it is highly Application dependant. () E.g. it didn't work with Jitsi Meet but OBS works just fine.
  14. P

I just tried it with my 5DII and 5DIII in the hope that it might work as well. Unfortunately not. I really hope they make more cameras compatible. I wouldn't mind using an older body as a webcam.
  15. P

Canon Moves Quickly Into Robotics [CR4]

C'mon Richard...
  16. P

Adobe Announces Cloud-Based Lightroom CC

Ok so I could pay 10 bucks extra each month to have 1TB of storage in the cloud... or i could use those 120 bucks a year to buy a 4TB hard drive to store my photos locally, not restricted through download speeds or connectivity issues well, ok now I'm worried about hard drive failure, maybe...
  17. P

Adobe Announces Cloud-Based Lightroom CC

Nope, it still takes a moment to load, but it is quite a bit more responsive. Start-up is still slow, but the previews seem to be properly GPU accelerated now. I was happy to see my GPU overlay, so first thing I did was to go to my NVIDIA Control Panel - Manage 3D Settings - Program Settings -...
  18. P

Dark Skin for canonrumors.com + forum

Thanks for the feedback, you are right it really is too contrasty and hard on the eyes. I tried to improve on this, give it a try now. Just update it here: https://userstyles.org/styles/149152/canonrumors-dark