Search results

1. Charbax

Review: Canon EOS R6 by DPReview

I don't think it's fair to compare $1999 retail price in January 2017 of GH5 with $2499 of the R6 in August 2020, the GH5 regularly sells sub $1300 new retail, even $999 is possible. And I believe when a product is older and broadly available on the second hand market, that second hand price...
  2. Charbax

I understand APS-C and Full Frame are much more challenging than micro43. But it's been soon 4 years since the Panasonic GH5 was announced. That's nearly 3 whole Moore's law cycles, improvements in processor manufacturing/performance, improvements to sensors, I expected at least for APS-C it...
  3. Charbax

I just want 2017-grade GH5 or 2018-grade Panasonic G9 (incl official unlimited recording) features but with a Canon or Sony autofocus technology. You can buy a second hand GH5/G9 at sub-$700 now. It's been 3 and a half years now since the Panasonic GH5 came out, is it really too much to ask for...
  4. Charbax

The G9/GH5 would be perfect if it had Dual Pixel AF or Sony PDAF performance and officially supported unlimited recording without me having to hack it on US/Asia 1.2 firmware to have unlimited 4K60 recording. 10bit 422 HLG HEVC internally at 4K60 would be a nice upgrade too.
  5. Charbax

Is there a 4k60 unlimited camcorder (preferably 10bit 422 HLG HEVC to dual SD cards) with sensor at least micro43 size priced below $3k that I don't know about?
  6. Charbax

I am not getting a Ninja V, I need unlimited 4K60 dual SD card video recording without any overheating internally. I have to stick to my Panasonic G9 with unlimited 4K60 hack on 1.2 firmware for now (even the AF isn't good enough) until something better comes along. Maybe the Sony A7S3 will be...
  7. Charbax

Not a mention of the huge deal breakers of the R6: - R6 cannot record video to both SD card slots, photo proxies to second SD card only. They added a useless second SD card slot - R6 has a 30min limit even though the EU 30min tax ended 19 months ago. - R6 overheats 4K60 and it also overheats...
  8. Charbax

The next round of announcements from Canon will happen next week

I've used Canon GX10 camcorder extensively, I was excited to film 4K60 with dual SD card slots and supposed IBIS, but turned out GX10 has not perfect image quality, IBIS barely visible (videos are very shaky), battery life is barely 1 hour per huge expensive battery (I had 3 batteries and that...
  9. Charbax

The next round of announcements from Canon will happen next week

Canon needs to bring an M50 successor with full unrestricted 4K support. No crop. Dual Pixel AF in 4K. And 4K60 preferably. And if you're crazy throw in HLG 10bit in there. And dual card slot. Comon Canon do it.
  10. Charbax

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Nikon Z Reimagines Mirrorless Canon R Reimagines Optical Excellence Sony A didn't forget to include IBIS and a dual SD card slot. How about 4K60? 10bit HLG? H265 and ProRes RAW? Un-cropped 4K? Can you please Reimagine to include all that next time?
  11. Charbax

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

I think there is plenty of space for 2 cards, sometimes camera companies representatives say stuff that isn't true. I think more likely their current bandwidth system couldn't support 2 XQD cards, but it could have supported 2 SD card slots, so they should have used 2x SD cards instead of 1...
  12. Charbax

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

Can we have: - 4K60 - 10bit HLG (a way to record proper HDR) - Dual SD UHS-II card slots - Extremely Good IBIS - Unlimted recording (nah 30min video limit is not ok (30min tax ends end of year in Europe anyway)) And stuff I'd like too but I never see anyone else ask about: - H265 options for...
  13. Charbax

Canon Launches The XF405, XF400 and VIXIA GX10

Hello, I posted my video interview featuring the XF400/XF405 at the Canon IBC booth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fRmOYnGk8U It seems as far as I understand: - There is no way to record HDR HLG mode, the Wide DR mode hasn't got to do with that. - If you buy in Europe you may be stuck with...