Search results

1. Chines

Firmware: Canon updates firmware for the EOS R6, EOS R, EOS Ra, EOS RP and the EOS-1D X Mark III

Yea, thats true. The only way to fully go to sleep seems to be by waiting for the camera to do so, would be a welcome feature to have the ability to map it to a button. *looks up feedback form from canon* Edit: I guess I did not really notice that it turns on accidentally when hanging on a...
  2. Chines

Firmware: Canon updates firmware for the EOS R6, EOS R, EOS Ra, EOS RP and the EOS-1D X Mark III

You can already do that by assigning a custom button to turn off the displays/viewfinder. I have set my M-Fn button to turn them off on my R6 and on causual/street shooting always press it after I'm done taking a shot and continue walking. Battery works out very well that way and wakeup with...
  3. Chines

Preorder: Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lenses

Edit: Pricing in germany https://www.foto-erhardt.de/canon-neuheiten.html
  4. Chines

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

I started to get some wildlife shots using a Tamron 150-600. For it to be somehow sharp at 600mm you need to stop down to f9, which was never a problem for my amateur photos. If the new lenses are sharp right at f11 and focus fast, it's not too much of a difference and gives plenty of reach in a...
  5. Chines

Canon Launches New Camera Cloud Platform – image.canon

What interests me is this part of the announcement: "Giving photographers the tools they need to keep up in a 5G and artificial intelligent-enabled world" As far as i can tell ONLY the R5 will support this service for now. This means it is not done with a simple firmware upgrade. Maybe they...
  6. Chines

Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

It's only canon marketing material, but eye detect looks really improved in here (look at 4:30)
  7. Chines

Is the Canon EOS RP the next camera up?

Would it be possible that P stands for 'Portable'? If they start naming without numbers now the P will have to have a meaning in future versions -> P = Portable = No built in EVF, but a hot shoe adapter available separate. Make the Canon EOS RP exactly the same as the eos R without the EVF and...
  8. Chines

What would it take for you to buy a ML body?

For me the eye AF has to work very well and the WYSIWYG + decent Histogram has to work nicely in the EVF. Besides that the most important thing is a nice feel and comfortable controls. Low light AF should be good (I'm shooting an 6D, if it's capable of focusing 1 stop darker it would super...