Search results

1. C

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will be announced on November 2, 2022

If it's not the R3 sensor in the R6II, I'm going to guess that they switched chip manufacturing lines and needed to make modifications for those lines, or that they redesigned the sensor to make it cheaper with newer manufacturing techniques, by using economies of scale with a future full frame...
  2. C

The next full-frame RF mount camera will be a replacement for the Canon EOS R

If the mk IV sensor could be made on newer equipment, it would be slightly less noise and a bit faster. However from a prosumer standpoint I am not sure how to reconcile the '12 megapixels more' resolution vs the r6. Perhaps if they came out with an r6 II shortly thereafter using the chip...
  3. C

Canon to release an RF 5.2mm f/2.8L next?

Not necessarily in high end real estate. There are companies out there that stage with lighting and shoot very carefully constructed scenes for high end real estate. People shopping for high end stuff generally visit a third of the houses that people looking at mid rang/low end do. So they...
  4. C

Patent: A new mirrorless camera body design with integrated grip with pass-through

People keep saying that this design seems like it could be used for a pro setup, and it could, but I see this as more of a pro-consumer level "Let's see how this really works in the real world and sells" design.
  5. C

Multiple mentions put the Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution “around 24mp”

You know way more about it than I do, and I don't doubt I could be wrong. I wasn't thinking so much about the consumer f11's but more the 100-500 that's only one step larger at the long end for the extra reach. And the rumored slightly cheaper 400 f4 and 600 f5.6 lens that will might be in the...
  6. C

Multiple mentions put the Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution “around 24mp”

If it really is 24mp all the time, with no resolution tricks to scale up at slower shooting speeds, then my guess is something revolutionary with low light in this new sensor. If the light sensitivity is much greater, it makes sense why some of the L lenses in the R series have been creeping up...
  7. C

Canon aiming for a $799 full-frame camera? [CR2]

They can right now buy a R5 body with adapter and have a much better wildlife tracking camera that gives them more creativity if they want to crop in post. It's essentially the same number of pixels when cropped, but with more play around it. So it comes down to how much time you are at 200 on...
  8. C

There may be as many as three RF mount APS-C cameras on the horizon [CR1]

When the EF-M series cameras came out, they did not stop making ef-s cameras. There is no reason why an RF APS-C camera couldn't co-exist, at least for a while. For the naming, I'm not sold on them using r7/r8/r9. Maybe if they add a letter designation , like r7c. They could even come out with...
  9. C

Canon cameras that I’m told are coming in 2021

I'm wondering what sort of sensor will be in the new ultra cheap and replacement for the R. I'm actually wondering if it will be the same setup as the aps-c cameras. Just make one or two sensors and put them in everything, then add features to make them different. Less processing...
  10. C

A Canon Speedlite EL-10 is coming in 2021 [CR2]

Actually, just buy a flashpoint from Adorama for roughly the same price as a Godox from amazon and you'll have the same exact unit but with support and a good warranty.
  11. C

Lensrentals.com investigates the heat emission from the Canon EOS R5

I'm not disputing this. Stop being so personally offended by pointing out shortcomings and potential solutions. I'm just saying this could be corrected in future versions of this camera, say a mark II version. I'm simply discussing ways that could bleed off heat without compromising sealing...
  12. C

Lensrentals.com investigates the heat emission from the Canon EOS R5

That actually might be an interesting weatherproof design. Have the tripod mount and the base around it be Metal, and copper heat conducting pipes be connected to it. Attach the battery grip, and it could have a vented area to allow air to flow through that area, while also conducting heat down...
  13. C

RF Mount APS-C camera coming second half of 2021 [CR2]

This could be a higher margin but also higher costed chip. We might be getting close to Canon releasing a global shutter sensors ala the Red Sensors. There could be a dual use for this sensor - in a R7 for high speed silent shooting in the wild, and in cinema cameras as a video camera with...
  14. C

Multiple cameras coming to the new Cinema EOS R lineup. Along with a new XC series camera. [CR2]

They might also be looking at heat and throughput to the cards. The real question is how many people actually use RAW without using an external recorder? That number might be lower than you think.
  15. C

DPReview: Canon EOS R5 and R6 overheating claims tested: cameras work as promised – but that’s not enough

6 Hours is probably how long it took to get back to same temp as room. It probably gets within a degree or two of room withing the much shorter timeframes that DPR used. How fast temperature changes happen is inversely related to the difference between the temps most of the time.
  16. C

Meike announces a 50mm f/1.2 lens for the RF mount

You do realize people have been manual focusing for over 60 years? Canon even has a few less than f1 lenses, such as this f.095 one released in 1961: https://global.canon/en/c-museum/product/s43.html It can be done, it just takes skill and practice. Focus Peaking is a handy tool that can make...
  17. C

Industry News: AP Photographers will only shoot with Sony gear going forward

I wouldn't be surprised if it did include that on certain markets like AP's posts on Twitter and such.
  18. C

Industry News: AP Photographers will only shoot with Sony gear going forward

I'm sure that's why they did not cripple the R5 or R6. The new paradigm says the camera should also be equally as strong as a videocamera.
  19. C

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

This would actually be totally doable as part of a metal buckle on the camera strap.
  20. C

New Firmware coming to the Canon EOS R

Looks like we'll see a new post shortly. Nokishita just twittered the "coming soon" list from canon that lists many of the things that will be announced. No pricing yet though.