Search results

1. K

Advice for upcoming Mediterranean cruise

Wow, thanks for all the responses. It seems the overwhelming consensus is to go wider so I will have to go that route. I was concerned about that so this confirms that will be right move. I really enjoyed the Tokina 11-20 f/2.8 on a previous trip so maybe that will work again and provide a fast...
  2. K

Advice for upcoming Mediterranean cruise

I have a 70D and am trying to decide what lenses to bring on this cruise. Highlights will be Barcelona, Gibraltar, Rome, Pompeii, Florence. I will take my 18-135 as a walk around lens. Does the 24mm F2.8 makes sense for using inside museums, churches, etc.? Is something longer like the 70-300...
  3. K

Show your Bird Portraits

I was down at the beach las Sunday to do a photo shoot with daughter for her upcoming Masters graduation and stumbled upon a bunch of birders out shooting a Peregrine Falcon family. Luckily I had my 70-300 with me (to go with the 70D) so I stopped and grabbed a few shots. Here are two of my...
  4. K

Mountains, Lakes and Rivers

Between Anchorage and Seward, AK. Taken from the train on the way down to Seward.
  5. K

PR shots of Hollywood movies

On set photographers are there to shoot stills for continuity purposes as well. They basically shoot everything to ensure they can reproduce the sets later exactly the same as they were.
  6. K

Too Many Lenses

I think if you have ones you never (or almost never use) or more likely if you have significant overlap in focal length and aperture - assuming those lenses have equivalent IQ. Honestly, its a problem I'm not yet having - my budget doesn't always match my GAS.
  7. K

Non-birder brings a 70-200 and a 2x in search of eagles -- hilarity ensues

I shot this in Hoonah, AK. Was off the ship for the day and did not expect to see any birds so I only my had the 18-135 on my 70D, left the longer lens back on board.