Search results

1. P

Opinion: EOS-M transition that never was

I had the original M6 and the M6 MK II the 32mm lens was a hidden gem and the 22mm stayed on my M6 as my compact carry-around camera. Gave the M6 to my son to make YouTube fishing videos on his channel Fly Fishing With Colby. Even though I loved them for what they were I do also have an R6 I...
  2. P

Does Canon have plans to release a ‘retro’ styled EOS R camera in the future?

I am just over here waiting for an R camera as an evolution to the M6mkII. Can that be considered retro yet?
  3. P

Don’t expect any third-party autofocus lenses in the near future

Isn't the solution for this to have Sony and Nikon just put in all of their advertising that their new lense mounts support third party autofocus lenses? If that drives consumers to their brands and Canon loses customers than Canon will change their mind sooner than 2024.
  4. P

Stock Notice: Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM $599

I was wondering the same thing the other day. Kinda weird.
  5. P

There is still discussion internally at Canon about an APS-C EOS R camera

Who knows maybe Canon tries to keep pace and converts the M line into a retro-styled apsc line of cameras? Fuji does and now Nikon has developed a retro-style camera....
  6. P

Canon releases firmware v1.3.1 for the Canon EOS R6

Thanks for keeping us posted.
  7. P

Canon to announce two new cameras this week? [CR2]

I have an M6 MK II and that camera is not lacking in resolution that is for sure. Weather sealing... Now that can be improved.
  8. P

Canon to announce two new cameras this week? [CR2]

Please be an APSC compact, weather-sealed, fixed lens camera to compete with the Fuji X100F/Rico GR3 as a replacement/upgrade to the G series. Lots of opportunities to redefine that compact carry everywhere camera market.
  9. P

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

$8500 also happens to be how much you are going to need to spend on hard drives to hold all those photos at 85mb and 20fps you will take.
  10. P

There will be an EOS M/EF-M announcement this year [CR1]

And weather sealing! I love my M6 mk II but would really love weather sealing as I spend a lot of time outdoors and don't take the M6 MK II when there is threat of rain which is too bad.
  11. P

Industry News: The Sony Alpha a7c leaks ahead of the official announcement

Basically a full frame M6 mk II. I have one and it is a surprisingly functional and capable camera with a usable small design.
  12. P

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

RF lenses are not compatible with the M mount. You can use EF and EF-S lenses because they were designed for DSLR so the gap for the mirror in a DSLR can be replicated with the gap in the adapter.
  13. P

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

Oh man, I am really excited about this. I initially bought an original M6 just as kind of a play around compact camera because I got it on sale for less than $300. I also got the 22mm Pancake to make it like my "Canon" version of the Fuji XT100 series. I ended up liking it so much that I...
  14. P

The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III seems to be getting closer

For me, I would love to see this camera be a weather sealed beast. Nearly or fully waterproof would be awesome. I don't think a camera like this benefits much from a longer zoom but slower lens. The benefit of a camera like this to me (Had the G7X II) is that you can take it everywhere in a...
  15. P

Is the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II Discontinued?

Had G7 Mk II and i really liked it but I sold the camera to buy a new lens for my 5D Mk IV. I def get more use out of the new lens then the G7. Problem i had and i think the problem with cameras in this class is that the photos from them aren't that much better than my cell phone. They are...
  16. P

Adobe Announces Cloud-Based Lightroom CC

A lot to digest here. Lightroom Queen breaks it all out. I don't think it is all doom and gloom. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/the-future-of-lightroom