Search results

1. Richard CR

CP+ showed a shifting focus

Leica's are above trivial mortal constraints such as color.
  2. Richard CR

That's just nasty lol. Wasn't there a movie about this sort of thing with Mel Gibson? I'm sure the list of marketing blunders when it came to targeting females would fill a 20 book encyclopedia set.
  3. Richard CR

Hmm. No, that wasn't implied but I did change one sentence to remove the reference to females. For most of the article I purposely left any sort of implication of that. With the exception of Kawaii which is predominately female, but a very specific culture. I'm a male and I wanted a non-black...
  4. Richard CR

marketing!
  5. Richard CR

Okay! I'm here so you all can tell me how wrong I am again ;)
  6. Richard CR

Canon Patent Application: Ultra-wide RF 14-20mm F2.0

Was this in the Moscow camera fair? ;) For those that haven't followed the Russian Canon Reps always gave the most bizarre, head-scratching commentary.
  7. Richard CR

Canon Patent Application: New Composite element for a RF 50mm F1.4

I really wanted to put this in the article, but apparently, it's copyrighted until around 2070 - can you believe it?
  8. Richard CR

NEW LOGITECH MEVO CORE 4K CAMERA ENABLES SEAMLESS WIRELESS LIVE STREAMING OF ANY EVENT, ANYWHERE

I love the camera and it looks interesting. I'll have to start saving pennies.
  9. Richard CR

A Look into Canon’s Ergonomics

Thank you :) That's right! I forgot the 1DX Mark III had it. Battery grips seem to be Canon's new cripple hammer. I commented to Craig that I don't get the lack of them on the RF mount - before even the Rebels would have grips. You'd think with the greater battery drains having grips for...
  10. Richard CR

thank you for the kind words - and thanks for the catch yes, left hand ergos. and yes I'm one of those people that would work with the 7 and 5 series cameras interchangeably at the same time. so the consistency of those two lines for me on the RF system is sad.
  11. Richard CR

This is by far the longest article I've written. I could have wrote twice as much on this as well, but decided to pull back from the dark abyss. I hope you all enjoy it - just remember ergonomics are intrinsically a personal preference. Heck, some misguided souls even like Sony ergonomics...
  12. Richard CR

Canon Patent Application: Automated Tilt Movements

that's a wonderful image
  13. Richard CR

keystone correction is never as good as optical.
  14. Richard CR

I was pretty sure I saw an A-DEP Patent application this week... but it was convoluted enough I didn't write about it
  15. Richard CR

There are at least 3 more PowerZoom lenses coming [CR3]

I saw a patent application that seemed to suggest that canon was looking at automating keeping a lens parfocal. but the Japanese translation was too garbled to explain it. so they may be looking at other ways to improve this.
  16. Richard CR

There are at least 3 more PowerZoom lenses coming [CR3]

Oh.. please throw shade at those APS-C cameras ;) I can't be the only one tossing shade around in here :p
  17. Richard CR

Canon has discontinued the battery grip BG-R10 for the EOS R5, EOS R6 and EOS R6 Mark II

This seems odd to me. Canon used to continue to sell the grips well past the replacement version of the camera. it was an easy way for Canon even to get money past the point of original camera sale, years down the road as used cameras would be sold, and grips still potentially purchased, or...
  18. Richard CR

Canon is in deep talks with third-party lens manufacturers

I think the official translation from google would be .. wow. f'ed if we know either.
  19. Richard CR

Canon Patent Application: Another RF Z lens

around 120mm in length, not that bad IMO