Search results

1. T

Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

Wait, the title says "RF 50mm f/1.4 IS USM", but the edit says "RF 50 f/1.4L USM", no IS. Is it competing rumors, or is one or the other the prevailing assumption?
  2. T

Canon’s 2024 Roadmap, and the timeline surprised us [CR3]

What is the settings config that allows for the fastest FPS one can have while still capturing in 14-bit?
  3. T

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

When did *Canon* ever indicate that the R1 was going to be all that?
  4. T

The Canon EOS R1 will come well before the EOS R5 Mark II [CR3]

If FPS is less important than MP, then a 5 series camera has always been more appropriate for you than a 1. I mean, 20 MP camera have only been out what, 15 years? So you can't be *that* old school.
  5. T

Report: Canon to launch 4 fast L prime lenses in the first half of 2024

I am part of the 28mm f/1.4 religion, ordered the EF Sigma the day it became available. When I think about photography as art - vs. journalism or documenting, when I need to carry 1 or more zooms to ensure I get a particular shot - 28mm on full-frame is the focal length that produces the closest...
  6. T

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

The R from an "output" perspective was functionally identical to the 5D MKIV, which was great. It was missing some of the features of that body such as dual card slots that were later incorporated into the R5, but those don't impact outputs. And the R5 was released less than 2 years after the R.
  7. T

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

But I thought Canon was d00med because of Sony's dynamic range advantage?! What now?!
  8. T

Sony announces a9 III with global shutter

Says who? 24 MP is enough for numerous professional applications...the kind of applications where 120 fps and global shutter would be preferred. Deemed a total failure by who?
  9. T

Multiple RAW image resolutions coming to the Canon EOS R5 Mark II?

I didn't "diagnose" anyone, I raised a question because his failure to understand what I was saying, after explaining it multiple ways, was truly perplexing; he is clearly not illiterate, yet (if responding honestly) seemingly unable to understand how his words could be perceived differently...
  10. T

You don't want to be left alone, else you would stop responding. You just don't want to be called out for acting like a jerk and have run out of arguments and ability to ignore the issue at hand - if I am truly misconstruing your intent, you would apologize for not making your intent unclear...
  11. T

Your exact words - "Anyone know why he doesn't just switch to English and say what this spy-talk actually means?" I'm beginning to suspect that you are on the spectrum (I don't mean this to attack you), and I'm sorry if that's the case. But what I quoted there, which you apparently do not view...
  12. T

The part where you attacked them for speaking in a coded language you don't understand. Maybe you have multiple people creating posts from your account and don't know what you're wrote, but I can't explain it any better than I already have...the words you wrote, the words I quoted, were a direct...
  13. T

I literally quoted you, right after the part of mine you quoted.
  14. T

You: "Why be rude?" Also you: *posts multiple unproductive sarcastic attacks*
  15. T

You attacked the article writer for something that was ultimately your personal confusion about conventions here. You were the one that was rude. "Anyone remember what "[CR3] level confirmation" means? Anyone know why he doesn't just switch to English and say what this spy-talk actually means?"
  16. T

CR3 can be considered to be on the level of a pre-announcement "scoop". It is very certain to happen, if not a 100% official "lock". CR1 is generally some level of plausibility (because of what it is, or the source) but nothing corroborated. CR2 is somewhere in the middle. This really isn't...
  17. T

Canon RF 200-500mm f/4L IS USM update [CR2]

Not having the 85mm f/1.4 is not something I agree with, but at least it's understandable. 50mm f/1.4 is a hugely popular pro/semi-pro lens format. It gives nifty fifty shooters an upgrade path that the f/1.2 doesn't represent, especially if it had IS. Considering they have a 28-70 f/2 zoom and...
  18. T

They're not extracting more money from me. I have RF f/1.8's and adapted EF f/1.4's. I would buy compelling f/1.4's from Canon in the 28mm, 50mm, and 85mm focal lengths but there's nothing to buy. And it's not like I'm a special case.
  19. T

I mean we're nearing the 5th anniversary of the RF mount and there is still not a native 50mm f/1.4, a hugely popular lens. The f/1.8 is a great lens but it's not an f/1.4 (which could/should have IS). The f/1.2 is a phenomenal lens but it's huge and expensive. There is $2000 in retail price...
  20. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II in the hands of the lucky? [CR1]

Because the camera is faster and smarter than me in most cases w/r/t what the settings for a given scene should be? A lot of what I shoot is run-and-gun, I'm inside, outside, inside again, lighting changes. I guess if you're shooting on a tripod indoors with consistent lighting then M makes...