Search results

1. st jack photography

Canon registered two new ILC bodies

I am glad that EF work well on R bodies, but I do not like the adapters, and many EF lenses are not sweet 9-bladed lenses, they have 8 blades, ugly bokeh and sunstars, and really soft edges. The EFs also, when used on a R body, do not have focus peaking kick in the second you override the...
  2. st jack photography

The R was obviously a tech demo of sorts showing fans what is to come. Because of that, the R is a strange beast, with an odd mix of features. There will likely be no R mark 2. It would be weird, if so: it would be basically an R6 Lite with a top dot matrix screen added, which makes no sense if...
  3. st jack photography

I would guess that the high MP camera (to replace 5DSr) will be DEAD LAST, because any mp gain they have, which will be next-level, will also come with a huge list of cons that novices and enthusiasts will poo-poo about. I owned a 5DSr, I know how bad the ISO was and how 1/250 was like shooting...
  4. st jack photography

The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

This is the part where I predictably get mad, swear off Canon, and just sell my Sony and Canon gear, buy a Ricoh gr3, and call it good. I ca't afford this stuff any more, hah. The quality is superb, but my wallet can't handle it.
  5. st jack photography

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

Your reply is what I was not seeing all along, that Canon would move the 1D "sports" concept to R3 and then make an R1 that is the equivalent of a 5DSr merged with a mirrorless 1D concept. I can say I loved my 5DSr IN THE STUDIO, but I hated it on the street, so maybe this time around it have...
  6. st jack photography

Peter McKinnon shows off the Canon EOS R3

I want it. I had high megapixel(5DSr), and I don't want that. The cons of high MP aren't worth the pros for me. I want FPS for street shooting, and will give up MP for that. I still have a friend working with a 5d Classic. IMO 20MP is more than enough for most applications. If the r5 is $3899...
  7. st jack photography

The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp, confirmed by EXIF data

So yeah, I get that 30 FPS almost always means less mp, even though it doesn't have to as a rule....and to be honest, 18mp is enough, and so is 24. AND if I had to I would use the 14mp 5D Classic, but still.....still.... I would rather it be 25 FPS and 30mp, not 30 FPS and 24mp. Save the...
  8. st jack photography

The Canon EOS R3 at the Tokyo Olympic Games

Canon please I need to know: 1. Price of R3 (Please let it be $4899, no more) 2. Megapixels of R3 (Please let it be 30mp at 30fps full RAW with minimum 30-shot burst. I had a 5DSr, so 45mp is likely too much, likely to interfere with ISO performance.) 3. Please oh please does it have a variable...
  9. st jack photography

The Nikon Z9 will be announced in November or December this year

$7000. Made in China by shackled children using inferior components. Relying on a brand name that clearly reached its zenith in 1986 right before Canon released the EOS EF system that changed the industry. So despite me flirting with a Sony full frame compact for a bit, I think I'll stick to...
  10. st jack photography

The Canon EOS R5c is coming in Q1 2022 [CR3]

Oh, the noise on my speculated 100mp camera would be as atrocious as the 5dsr, which I NEVER used above 400 ISO. Also this speculated 100mp camera would have an fps of 2 to 5. I agree with your FUJI statement to a degree. I would have to measure the fuji lens prices against all the Canon glass I...
  11. st jack photography

Yongnuo announces the YN RF 85mm f/1.8R DF DSM

This looks great! I do not often buy 3rd-party gear, BUT designs like this may warrant a few 3rd party buys. When I compare the teeny-weeny Sony DSLR APS-C E-mount they idiotically stuck on their full frames to the massive RF mount, then I can plainly see the advantages of the RF mount size and...
  12. st jack photography

The Canon EOS R5c is coming in Q1 2022 [CR3]

Dear Canon: Please stop releasing all this amazing, drool-inducing stuff like R3s and f2 zooms and focus on the replacement for the 5DSr. Please give us a BSI 100mp+ camera, preferably with a detachable, up-flipping viewfinder like the fuji GFx. The VF doesn't HAVE to be removable, but please...
  13. st jack photography

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

30mp at 30fps is quite an achievement, and after using the 5DSr and then a SONY RX1Rm2, I am SO GLAD they went to a BSI sensor. (chef kiss) I love the body form factor. I hope they keep that with the studio megapixel monster follow-up to 5DSr. If they can pull off a sensor like the 30mp/30fps...
  14. st jack photography

Here is the Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

Yes, that small a zoom range, but because I am imagining it being half the size of a 24-70, which isn't necessarily true. My 16-35 f4 is my first zoom ever, so I am new to zooms. With the adapter, the EF 16-35 is HUGE on my rp and r5. I used to favor an 85 prime doing street, isolating subjects...
  15. st jack photography

Gee, I feel bad for you a bit. I feel bad for anyone that is suckered into Nikon who doesn't already have a large glass commitment to them. They just barely limp in with gear now, playing catch-up with Sony and Canon. If it was anytime before 1987, I would go all in on Nikon, they are legendary...
  16. st jack photography

Yes, and it is lovely to behold. (chef kiss) However, I bought a 50 f1.4 art, and its AF was so bad it could not be corrected because it shifted depending on distance. I know it isn't their fault, it is Canon's fault supposedly, but I swore then I would never use a Sigma lens EVER. I am too...
  17. st jack photography

Is there a consensus on the suspected price of the R3? Logic says it will be right between the r5 and 1D in price, but other factors like competitor prices may influence it. My guess is $4,998 to $5498 in price for the R3, and I would call this a middle range of pricing not based on anything...
  18. st jack photography

Of course I had to buy the EF 16-35 f4L IS a few months back to go with my control ring adapter and EF 100mmL. I had found a Like New 16-35 at KEH for $700. But this RF lens was what I wanted. I would look for that lens to retail at $1599 at most, with $1349 being my final guess. I live in deep...
  19. st jack photography

Two new Canon RF lenses appear for certification

I should have stated that any 40 pancake should also be patented alongside a 28, since it is the same design, I think. I prefer a 50mm or 85mm tele at f4 for street, but I recognize that most shoot street with 28mm or 35mm at f8. All great focal lengths though!
  20. st jack photography

Two new Canon RF lenses appear for certification

Great advice. KEH is my favorite due to their pricing formula: when they sell a lens, they go by an average price, UNLESS nobody has bought it for a while, then they drop it in increments week after week. Any time a lens sells, though, they raise the price by about 10%. So I timed it right and I...