Search results

1. S

Industry News: Nikon to end camera production in Japan

LOL, we are saying the same thing. Note: I never said what the warning was about. I did that intentionally to avoid the can of worms that is current politics. FWIW: I do read German reasonably well, and I did check the German sources first, but opted for the English wikipedia as a pointer to...
  2. S

Industry News: Nikon to end camera production in Japan

Actually "Made in Germany" was forced onto the Germans as a warning initially. The quality of their work changed it from a warning into a label of pride and as such of quality, craftmanship etc. See more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Made_in_Germany
  3. S

Is Canon working on smartphone addons? This design seems to suggest that they are

I think the future for companies making high end cameras is not for add-on lenses on phones. Phone makers add lenses on their own already, even adding multiple (tiny) sensors behind multiple lenses in the same phone already. Let's face it: - That phone has more CPU and GPU power than a camera -...
  4. S

Industry News: The first Nikon Z 9 specifications

I note Nikon's support of GPS, let's hope it's in-body unlike the crap Canon keeps putting in their recent models.
  5. S

When to switch from EF to RF ?

I've a bunch of lenses and currently a 5DmkIV and a 7DmkII. I'm actually pretty happy but I'm missing 2 things: a significantly wider lens than a 16-35 and I'd like a second FF body. in an EF world that would be easy: another 5DmkIV and an EF11-24 and I'm lighter quite a bit of money. But then...
  6. S

EOS R: GPS

The biggest lack in the EOS R I've seen so far is the lack of a GPS receiver built in in the camera. For "on-the-road" use that's become essential for me over the years. I understand it would draw even more battery, but it's a price I'd gladly pay, but alas, it's not to be. So the question...