Search results

1. E

Is a Canon EOS R7 Mark II coming this year? [CR2]

Doubling the EVF resolution and refresh rate is the top item in my wishlist.
  2. E

Canon Patent Application: Lightweight Telelphotos

600 f/9 could have a front element as small as 67mm, but an 600 f/8 with a 77mm front element would still be very reasonable size and weight.
  3. E

Canon EOS R8 specifications

If these specs are real, I'll be hanging on to my RP for a few more years...
  4. E

Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

Indeed, 2.36M dot EVF (basically 1024x768) is pretty pathetic for a prosumer camera being introduced in 2022. EVF resolution should have been 3.7M dots to make R7 a good option for wildlife photographers, or 5.8M dots to make it a leader in the segment.
  5. E

Canon RF 1200mm Details Leak: Weighs only 0.25kg more than the RF 600mm f/4L IS USM

It weighs only 0.25Kg more and costs only $25K more...
  6. E

Here is the Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM

Most likely, not as good image quality compared to the primes. Max aperture of the zoom will also be f/16 at 800mm with 2x TC.
  7. E

A new EOS R system camera is coming in January [CR2]

It is obviously the EOS R7 with an APS-C sensor. It will probably be introduced with and RF-S 18-55mm and a few other RF-S lenses.
  8. E

Patent: Is Canon planning to release catadioptric (mirror) super telephoto lenses?

Deficiencies and distortion characteristics of catadioptric lenses can be pretty well modeled. Maybe Canon found a way to definitively fix these issues with post-processing.
  9. E

Canon will soon announce the RF 600mm f/4L IS USM, RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

RF 500mm f/5.6L IS or RF 600mm f/8L IS would have been much more interesting and unique lenses for the RF platform - also, a lot more reasonably priced.
  10. E

Canon is thinking about more lenses like the RF 600mm f/11 STM and RF 800mm f/11 STM

There's no need for an RF 400mm f/8. EF 400mm f/5.6L is relatively light and low cost, an is an excellent option especially with IBIS making its way to R series cameras. An updated RF 400mm f/5.6 IS wouldn't necessarily be much larger/heavier than a f/8 version. An RF 500mm f/8 or an RF600mm...
  11. E

Here are the RF 600mm f/11 & RF 800mm f/11 super-telephoto lenses

Wouldn't these be past the refraction limit even at maximum aperture with the pixel density on EOS R5?
  12. E

Sooooo, f/11 you say? What’s Canon up to with these upcoming supertelephoto lenses?

Not even 20 years ago, I was shooting wildlife with cameras that were barely useable at ISO800 and hopeless at ISO1600 using f/4 and f/5.6 lenses. Modern sensors can give you very decent results at ISO3200 and even ISO6400. As long as the AF system works, I don't see why an f/11 lens wouldn't be...
  13. E

Patent: Pop up viewfinder to allow for larger rear LCD displays

Sony RX100 series had this feature for quite some time.
  14. E

Industry News: Fujifilm officially announces the X-T4

Canon has an extensive prosumer camcorder line to protect, so I don't expect to see a new mirrorless Canon APS-C camera with feature set comparable to X-T4 any time soon.
  15. E

Patent: Canon RF 17-70mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

Canon's first lens for the RF-S line?
  16. E

Canon RF 70-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM to be announced this year [CR2]

400mm f/5.6 front element is basically the same size as 200mm f/2.8 front element, so there's no reason these two RF lenses are not comparable in weight. Canon may have to come up with some kind of a double-barrel extension if the folded length of the 70-400mm is to be as short, though.
  17. E

Canon Store refurbished sale, EOS R Body $1214, EOS 5D Mark IV $1619 and more!

Duh! I can buy a brand new EOS R from B&H photo for less (after using their PayBoo card to get a 9% "tax" discount in CA)
  18. E

Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II Specifications

Good luck finding a pocketable 5x zoom lens for M50, much less one that is even close to f/1.8-2.8.