Search results

1. rinamiele

More features and specifications for the Canon EOS R3 have emerged

30MP isn't exciting either but one can hope for that over 20MP! Look, if the initial acquisition/pickup is as good as 1DX3, I'm gonna be happy. Shooting warblers with the R5 was dreadful (and I love my R5) If higher MP then lovely. Shooting 4K 120 needs to be included too, but anything more...
  2. rinamiele

Canon will soon announce the RF 600mm f/4L IS USM, RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM and RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

Besides the native RF mount -- Literally any of these would be complete motivators for me to move on from my 600 f4 II. The 600 III was not necessarily worth the upgrade despite me wanting any weight savings I could get! (I'm a small woman! I am not strong! ha ha!) The only issue for me is the...
  3. rinamiele

Patent: Canon shows off a new approach to the modern shutter button

Not that I'm in love with this idea:LOL:... but if its anything like the implementation of the AF Smart Controller on the 1DX3, that works with gloves...
  4. rinamiele

The next firmware for the Canon EOS R5 is still on schedule for November

Yea. I understand - makes sense. Can only process so much data! I am certainly happy with the quality of the 4K HQ. RAW would just be more about color grading flexibility. But as you mentioned CLOG 2/3 would certainly help with that. I'm still pretty happy with the R5 as is! Just nit picking -...
  5. rinamiele

The next firmware for the Canon EOS R5 is still on schedule for November

Cinema RAW Light sounds interesting. 4K RAW would be excellent as well. I'm more interested in 4K features TBH. The files are so large already... as a hobbyist it's difficult to sustain the storage requirements. :LOL:
  6. rinamiele

The RF mount mirrorless version of the EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2021 [CR3]

I just want the AF Smart Controller on the R1. That's all I want. OK, and maybe at least 32 MP. But mostly the AF Smart Controller. Ha HA! :p
  7. rinamiele

Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

Done. Happy to support all you do for our community. :)
  8. rinamiele

R5: Where can I report software bugs?

Thanks everyone!! What's hilarious is that, since my 1DX3 has two CFExpress cards - I didn't notice/care for the switch! And I never used 2 cards on 5D4, 7D2, etc., because the second card slot was slower to write. HA! It's an odd behavior for sure to me, but if that's the way they want it...
  9. rinamiele

R5: Where can I report software bugs?

Hi Guys - My full report on R5 vs. 1DX3 (and 5D4) to come for our bird shooters but until then... Where can I report software bugs? The default write card seems to switch every time I take the card(s) out. I select the CFExpress to be first to write to and it keeps defaulting to the SD card...
  10. rinamiele

This is likely Canon’s lens roadmap for 2020

f/11 makes no sense. Sorry, I'll stick to carrying my heavy 600mm f/4 II. #DREAD I live with the 1.4x tele, so I would be fine dealing with f/5.6 by default if they made the lens lighter/smaller (a la Nikon 500). But otherwise? No thanks. I'm not in the "make cheaper glass" arena so lighter and...