Search results

1. J

Canon updates its list of products affected by supply chain issues

RF5.2mm F2.8 L DUAL FISHEYE I watched their demo dance video on Oculus VR and I can confidently say that Canon just made history in the world of VR. 30yrs from now (or could be even before that), this will be known as one of legendary lens, along with R5 for its 8k. People simply haven't...
  2. J

Patent: A new mirrorless camera body design with integrated grip with pass-through

This is what a new generation chips can achieve, an shrinking size. With the mirror and shutter assembly out of the way, in fact, the body alone can be made as slim as an iPhone. Real estate is no longer an issue. The future is exciting! For ref:, in sheer computing power, if an iPhone 12 is...
  3. J

Is the EF purge beginning? The EF 200mm f/2L IS USM is now listed as discontinued

It's a lens which is more than a decade old. Also, how many buyers are there compared to the Zooms and other primes. So it makes sense for this lens to be in the first batch to discontinue and fully transitioned to RF for the niche buyers.
  4. J

Confirmed, a Canon EOS R5c is going to be announced this year [CR3]

Lol.. So this will be the real world Sony A1 market killer.
  5. J

Here are some crazy Canon EOS R1 specifications [CR0]

So, is Canon going the path of global quad bayer sensor? 85MP actual and 21MP quad bayer processed, it's possible and is interesting. This explain the higher ISO and high DR performance quoted. Also 4x4 pixels working together for quad pixel AF. Interesting!
  6. J

Industry News: Rumored specs for the Sony FX3 are here, it’s an A7S III on steroids

At that price point, seems R5 is a much better option except for those needing no record time limit. Curious about boxy upcoming C50, which might cater more to indie filmmaker practically.
  7. J

Canon officially announces the RF 50mm f/1.8 STM and the RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM

Considering the newer design from scratch, stronger internals (to support extending zoom), 2 nano USM AF drivers and a bit of adjustment for inflation, I think, from a corporate business standpoint, the launch price is fair. In a few months, the price will come down as usual.
  8. J

More Canon announcements coming in 2020

So you want all of these along with the excellent bodies in just 2 years? Are you even serious? Who else have done all these things from ground up in under 2 years? I mean, let's cultivate patience.
  9. J

More Canon announcements coming in 2020

R3 to replace RP at the same price point with DPAF II, present R's video capability with dual SD and at least 7 - 8 fps burst. I'll be among the happiest man.
  10. J

New Samyang Cine Prime lenses coming to Canon EF, EF-M and RF mounts

So their interest in EF-M mount seems to show that the next M series will have serious video capability that production people will actually use it (along with their S35 A cam). This is interesting.
  11. J

2019 global camera market share numbers are out, Canon leads the way

I was happy when they release their Z6 & Z7. But when they announced the useless 0.95 lens, I realized they have no one who's skilled in business & marketing. I saw by then the writings on the wall.
  12. J

Are Two EOS M cameras coming in 2020? [CR1]

Because Canon's main mirrorless rival is pushing so much with their A6xxx series (and will with A5xxx), Canon needs to push too, at similar level. So, I believe we'll soon see beautiful specs.
  13. J

The Canon EOS R6 manual is available for download

No, I wasn't offended, sorry if it sounded like one as I am not strong in English. I agree with you, and thanks for being considerate with your response.
  14. J

I should have Here you go, something other than my experience (but people looks more at "test" so) ...and high ISO noise performance is not equivalent to DR. DR and noise is unrelated. I have in the past shot with all those bodies in comparison and yes, it's the same in real world too. Is it a...
  15. J

I got a 7D for about $280 years ago. Continues to work perfectly till I accidentally dropped it into a lake with non weather sealed Sigma 17-50. But the lens survived till today (maybe due to less electronics and easy to dry). It has been fully used from how it looks and when I test the...
  16. J

Industry News: Nikon announces the entry-level full-frame Nikon Z 5, a new lens and teleconverters

Seems like they aimed at R6, but then it's fall short that they have to retract saying it's "entry level" but nowhere near RP. But Z5 is a very nice camera for its price.
  17. J

Wireless file transmitter for the Canon EOS R5 appears for certification

With the With the current trend, stills side of things goes without saying. The present generation of cameras are no longer about stills.
  18. J

Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

I do not see any brand officially making their camera to be like a proper webcam (not 'tethered') . 3rd party applications does it, with some hiccups here and there.
  19. J

Canon posts first quarter of 2020 financial results

Good side of Coronavirus, because it impacts market, manufacturers will be throwing their best to attract buyers at low price for their Financials to get back on track. Good especially for Canon as they have been a bit 'stagnant' spec wise and it's the right time to throw in all good things with...