Search results

1. S

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

But it doesn’t have 8k 120 video nor it will warm my coffee. Useless!!!
  2. S

More information about the Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM

Officially announced in Hong Kong just now, available in September, HK$7480, around US$950-1000
  3. S

Patent: Quad Pixel autofocus image sensor

Meaning that processor power (which I think Canon is behind) will be more important than ever!
  4. S

Interview: Talking with Canon about the EOS R system and its future

Products will start shipping next month. They had started production of it BEFORE Nikon's announcement. So they must have finalized the spec before that.
  5. S

Interview: Talking with Canon about the EOS R system and its future

Music and films are end products, Cameras are not. I don't think many would be interested to comment of the instruments musicians use, unless of course there is something wrong with the end product due to the tools they use
  6. S

Patent: Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM

More lenses with IS basically means that Canon has not intention of going the IBIS route
  7. S

Here is the official Canon EOS R system white paper

On paper, it looks less than ideal. In reality though, the impact is not significant. No one has huge investment in EF-M lenses. Even if they just stay as is, those cameras/lenses remain excellent tool as back up (for its size and quality, and they don't cost an arm and a leg).
  8. S

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Canon Hong Kong has released price for the body. Same Recommended Retail Price as the a7iii. Pre-order will come with free adapter (the most basic one).
  9. S

Here is the official Canon EOS R system white paper

Lens data looks really impressive.
  10. S

Canon officially announces 4 new RF lenses, mount adaptors and Speedlite EL-100

Well, Sony charges $1500 for the 50 1.4. $2300 is a relative bargain
  11. S

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

Quick reference guide for the trolls: No IBIS - must have feature in 2018 No dual card slot - another must have Cropped 4K - suddenly became the most important factor f2 zoom - too expensive, too heavy, no IS, blah blah blah DPAF - PDAF is fast enough Canon colors - can always achieve that in...
  12. S

Here is the Canon EOS R announcement live

Hope that the EOS-R will have slightly better video quality, or we are doomed! ;)
  13. S

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

Canon Hong Kong will have a live Facebook event at 9pm on 5 Sept local time.
  14. S

Canon officially announces the C700 Full Frame

According to some, this is another proof that the M50 is crippled! :P Haven't been following this. Was the Super35 similar to APS-C with a crop factor? If so, changing to FF will Mean they need new lens to achieve the same focal length?
  15. S

Patent: Canon 24-70 f/2.8 Optical Formula and More

Possibly native lens for FF mirrorless?
  16. S

DPReview Interview With Canon Execs, \

Absolutely agree. There are 2 types of users, one cares more about the actual shooting experience, and one focuses more on the spec sheet. My mirrorless collection includes a Sony (a6300), Olympus (em10ii) and Canon (eos-M). On paper and in internet forums, EOS-M is by far the worst of the...
  17. S

Canon Shows off 360 Degree Intelligent Camera and a 100-400mm Smartphone Camera

DR will be so bad that I cannot push 25 stops. It's useless. So disappointed that Canon has crippled its products time and time again.
  18. S

Review: Canon EOS M50 by Cinema5D

Everything is a marketing decision. Sony A7III is seriously crippled because Sony has proven than they can put a zillion AF points as well as close to unlimited buffer. Oh, and they could have put smartphone functions, and TV broadcast on their cameras too. If there is a market for it, I am...
  19. S

Canon Moves Quickly Into Robotics [CR4]

Another disappointment by Canon. This is seriously crippled. Why not use the 1200mm lens for the legs?
  20. S

Canon, King in SLR Cameras, Makes Inroads Into Mirrorless

A7III has no advantage in size and weight. Do we go mirrorless just for the sake of it? Canon/Nikon may be better off making traditional FF DSLR (which is their strength) and compete based on function and performance.