Search results

1. espressino

Canon officially discontinues a lot more EF lenses

Spare a thought for the Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 IS STM Macro, the last EF-S lens that Canon announced for the EF-S system and probably the most underrated, but one of the best, if not the best EF-S lens they ever made.
  2. espressino

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

Full-frame crowd: „full-frame sensors have a 2.3 times larger surface than APS-C sensors. That’s such a huge difference, accounting for why APS-C images are always shitty. APS-C is dead. There’s only full-frame or mobile phones now. Mobile phones are awesome. Their image quality these days...
  3. espressino

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

So tired of being told what the supposed needs of those inferior APS-C shooters are, and speculations on what they are or aren't using. The EF-S 35mm 2.8 Macro IS STM, for example, is a fantastic lens, and perfectly adapted to APS-C cameras, and at a price that's adequate for non-professional...
  4. espressino

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS M50 Mark II

I have a feeling that it's the same people who in the not-so-distant-past kept shitting on the Rebel line (where not even the double digit models were worthy of their consideration) are exactly the same ones who just don't seem to get the product differentiation of the M series and keep moaning...
  5. espressino

Here are some more images of the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Unlike EF(-S) lenses, M lenses don't have a dedicated AF/MF switch, so you change it via the camera. In the M100 you have to fiddle with the menu system, and the M6 II has a dedicated button, to mirror the tactile experience from the EF lenses. I think it actually says in the stats that it only...
  6. espressino

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Exactly. And if it turns out on the road that a lens is seriously out of step with the camera then one can always still use live view, which doesn't need AFMA, and then one can send the camera in to have it fixed permanently.
  7. espressino

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

I was considering getting the GP-E2 but then I passed because it doesn't fully support my camera (i.e. digital compass doesn't work). The camera connect app in turn doesn't support GPS on my DSLR, but on the G7 X II. This inconsistency is a little maddening.
  8. espressino

Canon EOS M6 Mark II full specifications

The G7XII and the M6 have that mode too. When you take a photo of a moving object it's supposed to keep the car/bike/moving thingy in focus while blurring the background as you move the camera along when tracking the object.
  9. espressino

No crop on 4K coming in next APS-C DSLR [CR1]

Didn't they introduce that Rebel Pro with the 77D/800D? Forum users and reviewers dismissed it, but it seems to be quite popular.
  10. espressino

EOS M related camera bodies coming in late August 2019 [CR1]

Bummer about the M6. I quite like that the viewfinder is optional, so depending on the situations the camera can be even more compact, or a tad more sunshine-friendly with the viewfinder attached. (Even though, perpetually: when you push and hold the "downward" or "info" button for over a second...
  11. espressino

Canon Inc. releases Q1 2019 financial results

Of course! You're absolutely right about that. And I'm actually glad Canon then removed the facebook icon from the menu. And whether it is a good idea to have always-connected cameras is another matter. I just wanted to point out that this functionality used to exist because people on this forum...
  12. espressino

Exactly. And it is one of my pet peeves that people on this forum often keep jumping from one extreme to another: if you don't half a full-frame camera then you might as well just use a phone. There's plenty of space in-between. Smartphones are expensive and get obsolete a lot more quickly...
  13. espressino

I agree with half your point: the bang-for-buck APS-C argument works very strongly in Canon's favour. But I wonder if the APS-C DLSR and EF-S lens segment wouldn't be doing better if they had actually released new models in the last 20+ months (with the ensuing buzz). Like it or not but people...
  14. espressino

Until last year it was possible to post straight to facebook from wifi-enabled cameras such as the M100, 77D, G7XII but then facebook removed the api so that's no longer possible. But back then I often wondered why it wasn't possible to do the same on instagram. Canon's wifi implementation in...
  15. espressino

Canon officially announces the EOS Rebel SL3

Yes it is super odd. What's more, in the European version they used the same footage but cut the whole disappointed-borrows-camera plot, and the boy suddenly just has it (Presumably that's how it works in Europe? Kids can just afford these gadgets?), and in the end, when the father finds him...
  16. espressino

Canon officially announces the EOS Rebel SL3

And it's an excellent lens. I wish Canon would follow up with similarly interesting lenses for EF-S...
  17. espressino

Preorder: Canon EOS Rebel SL3

Nice features: silent shooting (when shooting through the viewfinder; only in one shot AF) and up to three lens profiles can be loaded into the camera for digital lens optimiser (which not even the 80D has in-camera; Canon Germany bills it as "first in this class")...
  18. espressino

Canon talks IBIS and EOS M in a recent interview

I absolutely agree with you on the M5. It's all good and well to say that they'll let the market decide but I wonder if the fact that they barely released anything EF-M-related (let alone EF-S) last year, and don't seem to be planning on this year given that they're shifting most of their...
  19. espressino

Canon talks IBIS and EOS M in a recent interview

Also, why did bdbender4 buy the EF-M 32, which was released after the Z6, knowing that weather sealing and IBIS (by definition) weren't on the cards for that lens?
  20. espressino

Canon shows off concept cameras at CP+

The Kids Mission Camera is going to be the first ILC with IBIS and optical stabilisation and the pros will go totally bananas because they'll have to wait until 2030.