Search results

1. DaveGrice

New Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro features revealed

Valid question, I assume it was mis-quoted, and that the magnification is actually 1.4:1. If so, I'm pretty excited about that. If it's the other, not so much :)
  2. DaveGrice

In a market where they can't keep the RF lenses or bodies in stock, I think Canon is probably feeling OK about its pricing strategy :)
  3. DaveGrice

Ooooooh, 1.4x macro. Welp, there goes another paycheck.
  4. DaveGrice

Canon will release RF versions of the 300mm f/2.8 and 500mm f/4 in early 2022 [CR2]

Interesting thought on that 300 2.8 zoom. I've eyed that Sigma 120-300 2.8 zoom jealously a few times. If I could get Canon's big white version of that, I'd probably pre-order... right after I talked to my banker.
  5. DaveGrice

What’s next for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6?

I'd wager that most of them start with "Told you..."
  6. DaveGrice

Canon releases financials and lays out advanced EOS R plans

The 30 minute limitation has never been a technical limitation. It's to do with avoiding taxes on products in certain regions that are considered "video" cameras. It seems that at 30 mins, any camera automagically becomes a video camera.
  7. DaveGrice

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

The nature of IBIS designs is that its the sensor that moves to compensate for detected shake. Presumably the adapter shouldn't affect that.
  8. DaveGrice

Canon EOS R5 Specifications

Correct, the R does not have such a control. Just the D pad.
  9. DaveGrice

Pre-mature Ad for "New Canon EOS R Full-Frame"

True enough. I'm assuming one of the Marketing/Web folks at B&H was dinking around with their ads, probably pulled this one up to make some modifications and accidentally turned it on. Clearly, it wasn't ready for prime-time. Just the fact that they're fooling with these ads currently is...
  10. DaveGrice

Pre-mature Ad for "New Canon EOS R Full-Frame"

Well, well. This was an interesting find as this ad popped up on the CNN.com page. Clearly the product photo isn't accurate, and the {PH_0} placeholder for the timeframe was not populated with a valid value. Accidental or not, does this indicate that Canon resellers are now starting to...
  11. DaveGrice

Is SIGMA getting ready to announce their first RF mount lenses? [CR1]

No worries. Maybe you can add the link to the comparison you were asserting. You know, where the comparable Nikon lens is always better than the Canon lens.
  12. DaveGrice

Is SIGMA getting ready to announce their first RF mount lenses? [CR1]

How certain are you about this assertion? I did look at DxO, and here's what I found...
  13. DaveGrice

Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS to come before EF version [CR2]

My money says you can stop waiting, it's not happening. I'll be a little surprised if we see another EF Mount L, at all, not just in 2019. I think the Great Whites we just got were the last hurrah.
  14. DaveGrice

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

Then I'm sure you'll be happy to allow me to have my own opinion. Thanks.
  15. DaveGrice

Feel free to win me over to the M, I'm open to being educated. Canon has failed to accomplish this so far, especially so now that it's clear the strategy has splintered. Maybe you'll have more luck.
  16. DaveGrice

Same here Simon. The M looked cute and interesting, but not necessarily compelling, or moving strongly in that direction. With the R, if finally looks like we're heading in a compelling direction, if not yet fully there. I'm failing to see a strong audience for the M. Of course I've been...
  17. DaveGrice

Patent: Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM

Yeah, it's not that I don't love L glass or recognize that they'll continue to function tomorrow. My point was that if/when I bail out of the Canon ecosystem, it's going to suck having to sell off native Canon glass at fire sale prices if I want to switch over to native XXX glass instead...
  18. DaveGrice

Patent: Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM

Well, it would make sense if Canon were going to invest any more energy in the EF series. My fear is that may not be Canon's strategy going forward. Sitting nervously on a bag full of EF L glass...