Search results

1. Durf

M6 II still takes good pictures

There's still hope after all.... https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news/no-canon-is-not-killing-its-other-mirrorless-cameras
  2. Durf

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R7, Canon EOS R10 and two new RF-S lenses

For me, these two camera's are Canon's most boring releases that I can ever remember.... I got tired of waiting for a 7D Mark III and if this R7 is its replacement, it's basically a step backwards in my opinion. The 7D Mark II is a beast and this R7 really looks "toyish" compared to it. Seems...
  3. Durf

Canon has discontinued the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

Those that have never used the M6 Mark II really don't understand what a great little camera this is (with the right lenses). Over the last year or so I slowly moved away from the Canon system, mainly due to the fact that I'm getting older and the new RF system's lenses that I wanted are too...
  4. Durf

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

I bet there are many video junkies now wishing they wouldn't of spent so much money for the R5 and just waited for this beast instead! Smooth play and marketing move Canon!!!! (Canon is laughing out loud)
  5. Durf

Miscellaneous

I just recently picked up the Laowa 9mm f/2.8 Dreamer (EF-M Mount) to shoot on my M6ii and I must say, it's a really nice and sharp lens....plus it's really fun to use!
  6. Durf

Which macro lens for m50?

I've had the EF-M Laowa 65mm Macro for several months now and I can say with great certainty that it is an outstanding lens!
  7. Durf

Topaz Labs DeNoise AI

Keep in mind that Topaz will only update DeNoise for a year after purchase and then you would need to purchase an update subscription for further updates after a year. They just changed this pricing and update policy a year or so ago.
  8. Durf

M6 Mark ii Focus box size question

I reckon because the M6ii has spot focus and the M50 doesn't, that is why you can't make the single shot focus box frame smaller when in single shot with the M6ii. I've been through the menus many times and there is no adjustment that I can find. (Learn something new everyday!) ;) Being mostly a...
  9. Durf

M6 Mark ii Focus box size question

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to make the focusing box smaller in the M6ii like you can with the M50? I can't seem to find the change frame size option in the menu. Any help would be appreciated.
  10. Durf

Canon EOS M50 Mark II Specifications [CR2]

It's like for the last few years many would consider a camera a piece of junk if it didn't shoot 4K, yet even today huge numbers of people still shoot 1080p with camera's that have 4K! LOL In my opinion today there is really a low percentage of people that actually work and process 4K video's...
  11. Durf

7D II alternative?

I have both the 7D2 and 90D and seldom ever use the 7D2 anymore. In my opinion unless you shoot BIF or super fast moving objects 99% of the time, the 90D is the better camera.
  12. Durf

Rumored Canon EOS M7 camera specifications, and the end of the line for EOS M? [CR1]

The M Series creates to good of a cash flow for Canon in my opinion for them to just kill it off, especially as soon as next year (2021).... Canon's actions and what we see with our own eyes can be used as a guide; it looks like they are killing off certain lines of DSLR's such as the 5D's...
  13. Durf

Ditching the 24-70 mm from holy trinity

My holy trinity (Mostly for landscape and nature photography) is the Canon 16-35mm f4, the Tamron 45mm f1.8, and the Canon 70-200mm f4 lenses. This seems to be the best combo for what I mostly shoot, the 45mm is the lens that mainly stays on the camera the most. I also have the Tamron 24-70mm...
  14. Durf

What’s a “realistic” lens that you’d like to see Canon make?

16-70mm f/4L IS USM
  15. Durf

Poll: What Processing Software do you use primarily? And...why?

I had some bad files that ON1 just got stuck with and caused a bunch of issues with the cataloging feature. I also got a better computer which made a huge difference in ON1's performance. Cataloging is a great feature now that its working correctly. I actually have 3 file structures, one is for...
  16. Durf

If you shoot Canon have you tried their Utility app for tethered shooting? I've used it several times for stills, some macro etc and it works pretty good for what I need. I just target the RAW image to download in a certain folder and I usually just leave ON1 open on my desktop so I can just...
  17. Durf

When I quit Adobe in early 2018 and started using ON1 PR 2018 as my only processing software, I ended up having to create a whole new file structure for all my photos. I had so many problems with ON1's cataloging system it was ridiculous. It took me several weeks and numerous hours creating a...
  18. Durf

I started using ON1 Photo RAW in Nov. 2017 and left Adobe in early 2018, never regretted it a bit. I was never a "heavy" photoshop user so everything I ever need to do I can do in ON1 PR. I also use Topaz Studio (for AI Clear) and also DeNoise AI for cleaning up high ISO noise only that ON1...
  19. Durf

5D Mark IV or not

I replaced my 6D2 last December with a 5D4 and have noticed some better results and much better files to work with. I was rather surprised how much I preferred the 5D4 over the 6D2 as I really enjoyed shooting the 6D2. I do really miss the flip screen! I got the 5D4 right before last Christmas...
  20. Durf

5D Mark IV or not

The 5D4 will pair VERY nicely with the 7D2. I was shooting the 6D2 paired with the 80D up until just before last Christmas. I also have the 7D2 but always used the 80D in my main kit as it paired better with my 6D2. Right before last Christmas the 5D4 also was on sale for 1999.00 and I got one...