Search results

1. E

Darktable developers to end support for MacOS

The unfortunate reality of software development: it requires time, moneys and expertise even to just maintain software, not to mention active development. That\'s why the most stable tools are those where you pay subscription.
  2. E

Skylum shows off adaptive templates for Luminar AI

After trying every new version I can tell you that Luminar is one awful tasteless and buggy piece of crap which is only good at spending its investors' money.
  3. E

Skylum shows off adaptive templates for Luminar AI

Don't be silly. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Software development costs money and they will make you pay or leave in a couple of years time by ceasing support for new camera gear, high-cost upgrade offer and many other tricks. Luminar is notorious for costing more in a long run...
  4. E

Nik Collection 3 By DxO: A Faster and More Creative User Experience in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom Classic

Is that something you couldn't do in Lightroom 3 years ago?
  5. E

You can now get Skylum Luminar 3 for free

I wouldn't touch Luminar again even for free. It's a dodgy Ukrainian software with tremendous performance issues, poor file handling and absent color science.
  6. E

Come play with the Canon EOS R RAW files

To the best of my knowledge it is mainly about a new data compression algorithm
  7. E

Come play with the Canon EOS R RAW files

That's really-really good. Skintones are way better than Sony's, and generally the colours are quite well balanced for a digital camera. Here are both pictures processed with Kodak Portra 400 profile from RNI Films CC for Adobe Lightroom:
  8. E

DxO Labs in receivership?

That's sort of predictable. The DxO film simulation was ok when released years ago but for the last 2-3 years seems to be losing the market to more beautiful things like RNI for Lightroom and Capture One and VSСО.