Search results

1. E

Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 IS USM coming in 2019? [CR1]

honest question, what justifies the large increase in pricing on mirrorless lenses from all systems vs dslr lenses? they use smaller glass elements (which is the largest single parts cost) which should lower production costs. just seems like price gouging for early adopters. i've been dying for...
  2. E

Canon #1 in Japanese market share for both DSLR and mirrorless in 2018

yeah, the brown ring underwears are quite comfy!
  3. E

Canon #1 in Japanese market share for both DSLR and mirrorless in 2018

what about total worldwide market shares? that would be more useful than just Japan. either way, as others have said...CANON IS DOOMED!!!!!!!!! better sell all my L's!
  4. E

Review: Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM

nice lens but i want an RF 85mm prime much more than this lens, especially with a 24-70 2.8 RF lens in the pipeline for 2019, which will likely have IS. just my preference though...
  5. E

Full frame mirrorless market share: Canon already has 22% of the market in Japan

i'd be shocked if they hadnt been planning for this day years ago. it was only a matter of time before they weren't the only fish in the pond. notice all the new sony models coming out right before canikon announced their offerings? ;) yeah they'll lose market share, but they knew it wouldnt...
  6. E

Full frame mirrorless market share: Canon already has 22% of the market in Japan

don't forget panasonic (and partners i forget!) who started this ball rolling with m4/3.
  7. E

it's availability. canon was shipping in oct, nikon not till nov. nov should be big for nikon
  8. E

too high imo. the market is about to be saturated with offerings from at least 4 major manufacturers now, so market share will be tough to come by. i'd say 35-50% is pretty reasonable. dont forget, nikon has 2 models to canon's one, at the moment. not to mention sony's established lineup. plus...
  9. E

i think it mainly has to do with availability to the consumer. this is just sales volume information over a very short period of time, not real market share. canon starting shipping units out in october, whereas nikon isnt shipping until november, if memory serves. regardless of exact dates...
  10. E

bingo! that's not market share, it's sales volume for a short period of time.
  11. E

Industry News: Fuji announces the all new X-T3 mirrrorless camera

true but so too will the prices fall for the fuji, so the relative balance will likely remain the same, more or less.
  12. E

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

ok lets pump the brakes a bit. no ratings on these rumors. CR explicitly stated they're just going to post anything, regardless of quality. so there's a good chance a lot of that list is fiction. sorry, but a lot of those items seem like fanboy dreams, not reality.
  13. E

Is a Canon RF 24-70mm f/2 launching with the EOS R?

since they're basically posting anything at this point, my "sources" tell me the new canon mirrorless line will be called T, for Titan. it will be medium format, not full frame, because bigger always = better. it will come with a revolutionary sensor that exceeds the human eye's dynamic range...