Search results

1. denstore

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Talk [CR1]

I believe that pleasant looking things are likely to perform better in real life use. I don’t care if a camera take perfect pictures of a wall, when mounted on a tripod. I want it to perform in my hands. I usually find that Canon cameras do that. When I tried a Sony for a while, I felt...
  2. denstore

Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Talk [CR1]

I would be perfectly happy with a scaled up M5 or M50. I find them quite nice, but a bit to small for my hands. If Canon would decide on continuing the design of the M5, I think they would be doing OK. Much better than some silly retro design, boxy uncomfortable Sony or Fujifilm lookalike.
  3. denstore

If the EF Mount Is Phased Out, What to Do With Quiver?

I would probably be happy as a clam. In a couple of years I could probably see a drop in prices of perfectly fine white Canon lenses and high end gear as 1DX bodies. Great! And if canon sees it necessary to change the mount, so be it. If they do, there’s probably a good reason for it.
  4. denstore

Canon 50 1.2 Full Review

I agree fully. I love my 50/1.2L. It's a great lens. I've never had any problem with autofocus, and the sharpness is enough for me. And yes, it has some of that magic you can see in the 135L.
  5. denstore

Is a native EF mount coming to a Canon full frame mirrorless camera? [CR1]

I believe you are right. Even today, lots of the younger people see few if any advantages of dedicated cameras compared to the smart phone cameras. In a few years, integrated cameras will have improved to levels that will rival entry bodies with kit zooms.
  6. denstore

Strange, I rarely have had problem with focus at f/1.4. Not with f/1.2 either when I took time to micro adjust the cameras. But maybe I’m not as picky. But I do like nice background blur, and I do find the 50/1.2 to be nicer than the 50/1.4. Is it worth the 2.5x higher price? It is to me, but...
  7. denstore

Yes, I’m talking about 1,2. They might be large, but not much larger than most 2.8 zooms. I don’t see people having much trouble toting them around. My guess would be that the 70-200/2.8L is a quite common ingredient in many photographers kit bags. The 50/1.0L is almost identical in size to the...
  8. denstore

I’m only (:)) 49, but I still shoot film at times (for the fun, nothing else); and I like things that gives me some extra leverage. That includes large apertures and preferably lots of IS, things that I didn’t have or could afford 30 years ago. But the main difference is that today I can’t blame...
  9. denstore

1.2 is quite OK with me , even if I always like more light and shallower depth of field. But my point is that i don’t see any reason to build a FF camera, and then cripple it with slow lenses, only in the pursuit of making it small. Nikon seem to be aiming for a low light monster with their new...
  10. denstore

Tony Northrup: I Made a Mistake: The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is the BEST Vlogging Camera. Seriously.

I have owned the 6D2 for about 10 months, and I really like it. My only gripe is that it is a bit small, and my right hand little finger can’t find a good place to be. I don’t like using the battery grip for daily use, so that isn’t a solution. I’m very happy with the IQ, and low light...
  11. denstore

No, but I want lenses as fast or faster than the ones available for EF today. It’s a part of lens development as important as ever. If Nikon brings out a new system, with really fast glass available and good ergonomics, and Canon at the same time decides to make small bodies, with few and...
  12. denstore

Possible. But there has been quite a lot of extrapolated calculations, and not all of the that far from logic and reason. I believe it will be large and if they start making cameras that fit my hands, and have fast glass available, like the rumoured 50/0,95, I might pick up a Nikon before a...
  13. denstore

What I worry about the most, is that Canon will be hamstringing themselves with a too small mount, like the EF-M. It will not be as versatile as the larger throat EF. And looking at Nikon’s new 65mm throat mount, they will be able to develop faster glass, and maybe medium format as well. Canon...
  14. denstore

Would you buy more EF lenses if new FF mirrorless uses a new lens mount?

I’m sorry to say, but all options will never be on the table. It’s the curse of development. But what you are wishing for, is quite pointless imho. Most modern aps-c sensors have great low light capabilities, are easier to build small cameras around, and have smaller lenses as well. Why do you...
  15. denstore

Would you buy more EF lenses if new FF mirrorless uses a new lens mount?

I’m a bit curious, Fullstop. If you find the thought of EF mount so appalling, all EF lenses to large and clumsy, EOS cameras too thick and heavy, what is keeping you from getting what you want by buying a Sony, or that Z-mount Nikon? Really? Because it doesn’t seem that there’s much to keep you...
  16. denstore

Industry News: Nikon Announces Development of Next Generation Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera and Nikko

Re: Industry News: Nikon Announces Development of Next Generation Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera and N Bad example. Film vs digital doesn’t compare well to DSLR vs Mirrorless. There’s little, if any, performance gain in image quality with a mirrorless camera. Neither is there any real economic...
  17. denstore

First time to Europe

Bring the 50 with whatever zooms you decide on. If you are going to visit any museums/churches/castles/older buildings, the f/4zooms won’t be enough.
  18. denstore

Industry News: Nikon Announces Development of Next Generation Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera and Nikko

Re: Industry News: Nikon Announces Development of Next Generation Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera and N They will probably not support the older lenses with “screw” mechanical autofocus or mechanical aperture control. They say that the adapter “will work with the NIKKOR F mount lenses that are...
  19. denstore

Industry News: Nikon's Full Frame Mirrorless to Be Announced August 23, 2018

The answer to which F-mount lenses will be available is already in the text: This will work with the NIKKOR F mount lenses that are part of the Nikon digital SLR system So, the adapter will be for the lenses produced during the DSLR era, and not the ones for the SLRs. Probably only for the...
  20. denstore

Patent: LCD for Image Review While Using An EVF

As has already been mentioned, the picture seems to be an old 50D. Buttons in the bottom side of the screen, the on off button, next to them and built in flash. It’s not a new camera.