Search results

1. P

Patent: Canon camera with in-body stabilization and in-lens stabilization working together.

It may only work with RF lenses as it needs the lens and the body to collaborate. I wonder if they will allow any IBIS at all if an EF lens is mounted.
  2. P

Wrist or Neck strap

Another vote for the Blackrapid. When using the 7Dii with the 100-400ii I have the Blackrapid connected to the tripod screw on the camera and the tripod foot of the lens will tuck into my trouser pocket to stop the camera/lens swinging about when I walk. I've also connected a single short...
  3. P

Once and for all, a poll on tripod FLIP or TWIST locks!

Been using flip locks on various makes of tripod for over 40 years, never had one break or slip. I look for tripods and monopods with flip locks, I don't like the twist locks but I have only tried them in shops. I guess you start with something and if you are happy you stick with what you know.
  4. P

CF Sandisk extreme pro failure

Have you got a card in the other card slot on the camera? Have they been recorded onto that card?
  5. P

Canon EOS R vs 5D Mark IV - Pros & Cons

I understand that the EOS-R will be supplied with a USB charger. This means buying another charger if you want to have one battery on charge whilst using another battery in the camera.
  6. P

Opinion: Canon is causing its own problems with the RF mount

Have we seen pictures of the back of the R lenses? Is it possible that the strange silver ring at the back of the lens is part of some clever mechanism to resize the R mount to fit an M camera without an adapter?
  7. P

Canon Speedlite EL-100 confirmed

Why is it EL and not EX. Is it for the new EOS-R?
  8. P

Suggestions / Issues with the New CR Site

Yes, changing the forum style allowed me to select Male Gender, thank you. Unfortunately when I change back to the Canon Rumors style my gender is shown as Female. It looks like a bug in the Canon Rumors style?
  9. P

Suggestions / Issues with the New CR Site

Like the new site, Thank you. When I look at my account details there is an option to select my gender. Unfortunately I can't select Male, what are you trying to tell me? :oops:
  10. P

Glasses on or off?

You could give your subjects the choice. Tell them that their glasses are dark in the photos and ask if they would like to remove them?
  11. P

Stock Notice: Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI at B&H Photo

Re: Stock Notice: Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI at B&H Photo Guide Number: 47m at ISO 100 and 105mm. Canon use the metric guide number in their model names (the 47 part of 470EX) and 47m is 154' (154 feet).