Search results

1. J

The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III seems to be getting closer

I do this now using a WiFi SD card and the transfer time is the least of the issues with that approach (for me). The images transfer 2-3 seconds per image. (Caveat - this is with the RAW image sizes from these compact cameras. I can see this being more of a challenge for DSLR image sizes)...
  2. J

The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III seems to be getting closer

For me, I don't see the point of this camera if they don't include RAW (not just JPG) file format transfer to IOS/Android. The workflow of many of us who are interested in this type of camera is shoot the picture and get the RAW over to Lightroom mobile on a phone OS. Currently using a WiFi SD...
  3. J

The First PowerShot G7 X Mark III Specification List We've Seen [CR1]

I too can't imagine wanting to send a RAW photo to someone. But there are plenty of us who want to *edit* RAW photos on their phones. LightRoom Mobile is great for this. Shooting with the camera for a while, you get a feel for scenes (especially high contrast and low light) where the...
  4. J

The Canon software does work the same on the iPad as on the iPhone and when you try to transfer a RAW photo (even if you only shoot RAW rather than RAW+jpeg) it converts the RAW image to jpeg (or it extracts the smaller jpeg image that is stored within the RAW format). It does not transfer a...
  5. J

What I said was fooling around with cables and the phone interfaces to copy RAW images from a camera while out and about is too much time and trouble for 99% of the cases where I want to quickly get a RAW image to my phone. The case you are describing is completely different - you are doing...
  6. J

As both an iPhone and compact camera (RX100 / G7X type) user, I see a place for both. I frequently shoot RAW HDR on my iPhone with Lightroom mobile and the results are great and generally beat the jpeg I could get out of my camera. The RAW from the camera would beat the iPhone RAW hands down if...