Search results

1. Wm

A few CarePak and Canon SOP questions

So in talking to canon yet again, I find out they DO have a link to get pics. They cs rep was nice enough to email it to me and I was able to upload them. Received email today that camera is being shipped, but I got no explanation of what was done. I logged in to my equipment page at USA.canon...
  2. Wm

Apparently, Canon is not able to view photos that have been altered - as in edited to add circles where aberrations are appearing.... This gets worse by the day.... So it took about 12 emails back and forth between canon and me for them to understand that the issue with the camera is. I then...
  3. Wm

I dont understand Canon.... I have CarePak on my equipment, 2 bodies and multiple lenses. Yet when i go to my Profile on their site, only 2 CarePaks show. Ive tried more than once to get the others to show by calling Canon and re-submitting the proofs of purchase, etc., but they cant seem to...
  4. Wm

Looking for some advise on these few photos.....

so there was one camera store left in my area and I believe they no longer sell or work on equipment. Anyhow, ive had issues with them before. I have carepak w/ canon so I decided to send it in for a cleaning. Getting it all ready led me to my paperwork and I had forgotten this - when the...
  5. Wm

ok, so here's one more shot from outside. iOS 100, f22, manual focus. If you magnify the image a few times there is actually a few small rings that show and some other "something".... I dont know what any of these are or means. Very much a beginner and was just trying to figure out what the...
  6. Wm

update - sorry for lack of info. I saw some dust on mirror and used air bulb to blow off. I had taken a picture, the one I attached right above before hand ( white blank paper). I then put camera in manual clean mode and blew some more air. Released mirror and took another test shot and it...
  7. Wm

right. so I was thinking the attachment shows sensor dirt/contamination or whatever???
  8. Wm

So I have a 7x magnifier but all i could really see was a little dust on the mirror. I blew some air in with an air bulb. Before and after pretty - pretty much no change. Currently see the obvious on this attachment.
  9. Wm

Would it hurt to blow a little air towards sensor with air bulb? May be a topic for a new thread??
  10. Wm

Don’t think. It was hot and dry. I did have a clear filter on but it was clean. Maybe a reflection of light?
  11. Wm

the ones I posted have not been edited. Cant figure it out. Light shadow??
  12. Wm

Tks oldprpix. That’s good info. Would you have any suggestions as to what the tiny halo circles next to the bell tower are caused by? I’m guessing sunlight and filter interference - for lack of proper terminology.
  13. Wm

Thanks for looking. Its been awhile since ive shot.... and am beginner. So, in order, all f5 and .5 sec, .8 sec, .5 sec.
  14. Wm

Thanks all for the tips. All good ideas for next time..... I also did not notice the small halos next to the bell tower until I started messing around here. I guess they are distortions from the clear filter?? May I impose for more suggestions please? Here are a few more pictures I took and...
  15. Wm

Ok. Thats helpful. So in your opinion, with the church photo, the sky is the best to have exposed "correctly" ? In general , yes?? Tks much
  16. Wm

Tks Ramage - sounds a bit more complicated than I had hope for.
  17. Wm

would a 6DMKII make any difference?
  18. Wm

Humm, thats too bad. I was hoping to keep it simple, i.e., exposure settings, iso, etc.. So, even in the church building shot, with not a huge sky interference, tripod and setting alone would not yield a good shot either?
  19. Wm

So im very much a beginner and am trying to figure this out. I took a bunch of pictures in this sunset/night trying to get a few good ones. I think I may have even tried Auto - cant remember.... Anyhow, can anyone give me a few pointers on what settings can yield better results? I was...
  20. Wm

The pop-ups are making this site unusable

Roger that. I don’t mind paying - just curious why the big change. BTW, it wasn’t that easy to find the pay link. But got it now. Tks!