Search results

1. B

Here are some Canon EOS R5 C specifications

I can't see IBIS on the list.
  2. B

Canon officially announces the Canon PowerShot ZOOM

Well.. 6 month ago i would have said that this is a very nice gadget to be used in a football stadium. But it seems that i have no other use for something like that for .. quite some time :(
  3. B

Here are the Canon BG-R10 Battery Grip, Canon WFT-R10 Wifi Grip & LP-E6NH Battery

Regarding the batteries: the shape of the battery suggests that there are two cylindrical cells in it. Maybe the new battery uses a stack of flat cells so they waste less room. Also the electronics maybe could be made smaller today. So.. not impossible to get a decent bump. B.
  4. B

Canon will do a Livestream for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 official announcement [CR2]

I guess as right now there is no (RF-)TC, it says no compatibility. To which TC should it be compatible at this point? So i guess when the TCs are announced they will change that. i mean: why release TCs of there would be no compatible lenses?
  5. B

This is likely Canon’s lens roadmap for 2020

Maybe they are EF to RF TCs?
  6. B

Counting down my five favorite Canon digital cameras ever. Coming in at #4…..

It was a few weeks before the 5D was released that I learned about this website. I was active on the German DSLR-forum back then and there was much talk about an upcoming camera from Canon that was dubbed "Horst" for some - at least to me - unknown reasons. Many posts referred to CR so I started...
  7. B

Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked

No mention of dual pixel AF. Maybe the sensor is sourced from Sony? They buy Sony sensors for Powershots so why not? No 4K crop, insane throughput, .. smells at least like Sony. Or Canon really developed something completely new and there were no rumors about it.. B.
  8. B

What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?

The pixels are not the problem, but the other elements on the same die are. The sensor in the Sony A9 has one DAC on the end of each image line! You can’t do that in 180nm which afaik is canons best tech. Sony uses 46nm or so. They developed all that for smartphone cameras and used the same tech...
  9. B

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

quick'n'dirty size comparison:
  10. B

SmallRig on M5

I know, something very different, but i bought this rather cheap thing for my M50: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-PU-Leather-Camera-Protect-Half-Case-Cover-Grip-holder-for-Canon-Eos-M50-EOSM50/32888240448.html It realy improves the grip on the camera. And now my right palm doesn't...
  11. B

Viltrox EF-EOS M2 – Speedbooster x0.71 for EF Lenses on EOS M with AF

Next update.. Firmware Viltrox is working hard on firmware updates, the latest version is 1.4. They fixed a few bugs and improved a few things. If you turn off the camera the focus barrel is now retracted and there was a bug on the M50 that the FL and apperture was not correctly convertedon the...
  12. B

Lower end EOS R body to omit the touch bar

I don't think so. A DPAF sensor has millions of AF points (in fact, ALL pixels are AF points) and it's just a matter of software as how many AF points they are represented. Other than that: a low end R could use the M50 EVF, less MP and less fps. I would buy something like that. b.
  13. B

So i'm back from my trip and here are my experiences: I only had the 50/1.8 STM on the SB with me and TBH i wish i had at least taken the regular adapter with me. AF with the SB is a bit challenging. In bright daylight it works quite well but in low light my M10 had problems getting in focus...
  14. B

I received a EF 50/1.8 STM today :) My old EF 50/1.8 II (A.K.A. the coffee mill) didn't work on the M10 even with the regular adapter (and this lens is understandably missing on Canons compatibility list for the EF-M adapter). I only played around for a few minutes and the STM seems to work well...
  15. B

Patent: Canon speedbooster for EOS M

I started a thread about the Viltrox speed booster EF on EOS M. It's even less than €199 and the first impressions are not bad. Unfortunately, i didn't had the time to shoot some real photos but i will post some in a few days...
  16. B

Hi, weather is crap today but you all know the feeling when new stuff is in the house and you have to do something with it. So i did some really amateur testshots to get a glimpse of how this speedbooster is doing. All tests are done with the 28/1.8 which is not a stellar performer even without...
  17. B

Hi, i got this new Speedbooster yesterday from eBay for €145.-. I didn't had the time to do some real photos with it but from my short testing it seems that AF is much slower with this booster and you need more light, despite the fact that it increases the amount of light hitting the sensor. It...
  18. B

At least two new EOS M cameras coming in 2019 [CR2]

"We believe that EOS M will be discontinued someday in the distant future, so don’t worry about the system going away any time soon." Is there a "don't" missing or what? I think that the way Canon positioned the EOS R system is very good for the EOS M system. While EOS R sets focus on IQ and...
  19. B

Canon Launches New Flagship XF705 Professional Camcorder Featuring 4K Video Recording at 60P/4:2:2/10-Bit

I have to admit that i have no clue about video cameras.. but: has the "kink" in the body something to do with ergonomics when you sit it on your shoulder? It looks rather strange..