Search results

1. Trigger

There will be no mirrorless camera body announced ahead of Photokina

Wha? That's not what I'm seeing & hearing.
  2. Trigger

Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III coming ahead of Photokina [CR3]

That will only be true if the III is priced similar to what the II was. When they released the II versions of the 500/600s (about 7 years ago), they were priced much higher than the previous IS versions, making them out of reach for many people, which had the effect of actually raising the...
  3. Trigger

If these new lenses don't have an integrated arca swiss mount on the foot, I will be forwarding a sternly worded letter to Canon. ;)
  4. Trigger

So if it is true that the first two lenses are the 400 2.8 and 600, when would we likely see the 500 III?
  5. Trigger

A Bit More About the New “Big White” Lenses Coming from Canon [CR3]

Re: A Bit More About the New Big White Lenses That Are Coming In any event, this has reminded me of a feeling that I had fully forgotten, that of a kid waiting for Christmas.
  6. Trigger

Re: A Bit More About the New Big White Lenses That Are Coming Am I correct in the impression I have that a DO 500 or 600 will (inherently) be inferior in the IQ/bokeh department than the 500/600 II lenses we have now, and if so, am I correct in hoping that an upcoming 500/600 III is not a DO?
  7. Trigger

Re: A Bit More About the New Big White Lenses That Are Coming From what I understand, it's standard procedure for Canon to discontinue parts & service for any lens seven years after a new version is released. Nothing to do with ethics, but rather the economics of making & stocking all those...
  8. Trigger

Re: A Bit More About the New Big White Lenses That Are Coming Unless the price is exorbitant, I'll be buying a 500 III instantly, so how long does one have to wait for actual availability after official announcement - or does it really vary, and unknowable?
  9. Trigger

At Least Two Big White Lenses Coming Ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Gah. Still, if there is a "III" version on the horizon, even if it's a year away, I feel that buying a 500 II at this time would be unwise.
  10. Trigger

At Least Two Big White Lenses Coming Ahead of Photokina [CR3]

Does "ahead of Photokina" possibly mean sooner rather than later, or just before Photokina? I was ready to buy a new 500 II this week, but am definitely waiting now to see what these new releases are.
  11. Trigger

Anyone else delaying lens purchases until we know more about mirrorless plans?

Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean, and I agree, but on an item of this dollar value, it's a little different. One has pause when the current version is 6-7 years old, and there are rumors of new DO versions. I did own the previous (IS) version of the 500 f/4 for two years, and the...
  12. Trigger

Would the DO versions fully replace the IIs?
  13. Trigger

I was going to create a new thread with my question, but I feel that it dovetails into this one, so here goes: Given the number of years that the 500 & 600 f/4 II lenses have been out, is it bad timing to buy the present version of either? I think I read somewhere that Mark III versions are...
  14. Trigger

My question is, if Canon (and Nikon) release killer FF mirrorless bodies, what will that do to their DSLR lineups?
  15. Trigger

Canon Announces the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III and EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II

It was quite exciting to initially hear of the new 70-200 f/2.8, and I thought that I would sell my Tamron version for the Canon if there were enough improvements, but it looks like I will be keeping the Tamron.