Search results

1. G

Opinion: The difficulty facing Canon (and everyone else)

A thought on roadmaps, as consumers we want more information to make informed purchases. Manufacturers and storefronts have to walk a tightrope. A roadmap may delay purchase decisions, manufacturers and store fronts want us to purchase what is available today, not a year from today. However, if...
  2. G

RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM

10 minutes before sunrise, east coast of Florida RF24-240 @ 24mm, F8, 1/20 sec, iso 1000 Haven't post here before, cc welcome
  3. G

Rumored Canon EOS M7 camera specifications, and the end of the line for EOS M? [CR1]

In the US the M50 sells in various kits from about $550 to $800. Canon will not abandon this price point. If the M goes away then there should be a corresponding rumor of a replacement.
  4. G

EF-M and EFS Lens Comparison

The EF-M 22mm and EF-M 11-22mm lens seem to be well regarded. How do they compare to the EFS 24mm and the EFS 10-18mm lens.Obviously they are larger and require an adapter, just interested in IQ. I know it's not a lot of money but just hate to spend $ on roughly equivalent lens. Thanks, Gerald
  5. G

M50 compared to 80D

Interesting product, will add to my wish list. Reading this forum is a quick way to spend money:)
  6. G

M50 compared to 80D

Thanks for your suggestions. I decided to go with the M50 and EFM15-45. I took a long look at the RP, it's benefits are compelling. But, since this is a 2nd camera decided to prioritize on weight. The RP + adapter + most used lens(EF24-70 F/4L IS is only 4.5 oz. lighter than the 80D with same...
  7. G

M50 compared to 80D

Thanks. I'll take a 2nd look at the RP. Right now the RP with adapter is about $250 more than the M50 with adapter, 15-45 and 55-200 lens. Close enough in pricing. Haven't been able to physically hold an RP but will take a closer look at the weight and size savings.
  8. G

M50 compared to 80D

I currently have an 80D and a 6D M2. I am considering selling the 80D and replacing it with an M50 and interested in pros/cons of this swap. The ergonomics are different, but that's the point, swapping ergonomics for weight savings. They share the same/very similar (?) sensor. Are there any...