Search results

1. M

Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

Very simple. Because at 1600 they would sell a whole lot more EOS R cameras. Prices will come down. All it takes is a bit more market contraction and balance sheet suffering. Until they see that "premium priced sh*t" is an extremely limited market niche only and will not sustain or save them...
  2. M

quite the opposite. people wanting cameras without antiquated slapping mirrors inside were actively denied that choice for many years by the 2 inexpicably super-conservative companies that control 80% of the (stills) imaging market. done rightt, cameras free of moving mechanical parts such...
  3. M

APS-C Canon EOS R body likely [CR2]

except ebay does not work any longer for truly private sales. they are exclusively servicing f*cking hongkong "power sellers". you and i and uncle bob are only welcome as stupid buyers. not as sellers. got it?
  4. M

exactly. by comparison, the Delphi Oracle was very straightforward and clear cut. :) I think we are looking at G7X III and M5 II, M6 II. Those come first. More R mount stuff only later on - 1. "entry level R6" [about April/may 2019], 2. then "mirrorfree 5Ds II" [Fall 2019] 3. then...
  5. M

Canon to use a Sony image sensor in an upcoming APS-C ILC body? [CR1]

I really doubt Canon is making much profit on several different models of their low-end crop-mirrorslappers [4000D, 2000D, 1200D, 1300D] at retail prices between € 289 and € 369 in my country / Central Europe ... often including some version of EF-S 18-55 kit lens ... and always including 20%...
  6. M

don't think they'll do this. And if, i hope they get as much burned for it as they did with the DOA APS-C film system back then. :-) Canon will launch "very good to excellent IQ" RF lenses - all fully capable to handle 50+ MP FF sensors. Anything for APS-C - cameras and lenses - will be...
  7. M

Canon RF 28-70 f/2 review by Fro

yes. But it was clear all along to anybody following Canon / developments and drawing the obvious conclusions. :-) Canon also "had to" ensure max. compatibility of EF lenses, since they could not possibly bring a full RF lens lineup on day 1. :) Nikon FTZ adapter works just as well for all...
  8. M

yes. RF f/2.8 "pro" zooms are expected for 2019 as per Canon's (vague) statements/"sort of a roadmap" chart. At least until then EF 24-70/2.8 II on EOS R will serve as a sane and sensible alternative to rushing out and buying RF 28-70/2 at "early adopter price". the extra stop f/2 vs f/2.8 may...
  9. M

exactly. a significant portion of users were and are unable or unwilling to understand the differences between 1. solid, simple, glass-less "extension tube mount adapters" from Canon 2. thirdparty cross-brand lens adapters with various mechanical, optical and electronic issues (eg 5 versions...
  10. M

if i recall correctly, CR guy said: * 5Ds/R successor might come as mirrorfree hi-rez sensor EOS R model, rather than as Mk. II DSLR * he has not received any (halfway credible) information regarding possible 7D II successor / "7D III" There is only this unspecific rumor "potential APS-C...
  11. M

ofc there has been an ongoing onslaught of mobile devices with cameras. Canon and all other "traditional" imaging gear makers have stubbornly ignored the market for the longest time and simply continued to churn out ever-same boring iterations of their big, heavy, clunky, noisy, non-modular...
  12. M

The predicted first half of 2019 Canon product announcement roadmap

i agree in terms of RF and timing. But don't think they'll go to f/6.3 ... it will be called f/5.6 (in reality f/5.99 or so).
  13. M

Don't think so. I think the "sony APS-C in Canon camera/s" rumor is a totally unfounded, if not consciously propagated "fake-news". I fully expect Canon to continue using their own sensors in all of their upcoming APS-C ILCs, primarily mirrorfree EOS M models [M5 II, M6 II ?, M100 II ...] plus...
  14. M

yes, but most likely as mirrorfree hi-rez "EOS R5" ...
  15. M

i can already hear the internet whimpering start for "8k has to be in every STILLS camera too" ... o_O It will be interesting to see what Canon does in terms of crop mirrorslappers. "90D" yes or no ... or total shift to mirrorfree EOS M ... looking forward to a new "flagship" EOS M [M5...
  16. M

In the above example - and in hindsight - it would be smarter to buy the 6D + 24-105 (non-L) in year 2. And save yourself all the Rebel and EF-S trouble. Or buy an M50 with 15-45 at about 550. Then 22/2.0, 11-22, 18-150. And leave FF alone. A lot of money saved. :)
  17. M

in related news ... Panasonic will not offer an "upgrade path" for mFT lens owners to upcoming FF L-mount system. OMG! :D https://www.l-rumors.com/panasonic-will-not-make-a-mft-to-l-mount-lens-adapter/
  18. M

hehe ... for Sony you have the very same rumor today for their "expected next" APS-C ILCs A6700, A7000 ... with this very sensor [Sony IMX571]. https://www.sonyrumors.co/new-rumored-specs-of-sony-a6700-a7000/ :ROFLMAO: Personally I find the exciting rumor "next Sony cameras will use Sony...
  19. M

yes. They do. But so far only up to 1" sensors - not APS-C. Canon Powershot G1X Mk. III is the first Powershot model with APS-C sensor [24 MP, DP-AF - same or very similar as the one in 77D, M5/M6] - presumably made in-house by Canon.
  20. M

this "upgrade path" has little real benefit. At the end of the day, FF needs FF lenses and you have to buy those. "Spreading out the cost" means you don't have FF lenses to shoot with until you buy them. And typically EF lenses purchased for use with crop DSLRs were tele (zooms) ... 70-300...