Search results

1. home_slice

Canon Appears To Plan 10% RF Lens Price Hike in Japan

We’re seeing this across the board with just about everything we buy. Now is not a bad time to add 10% to what you charge or ask for that raise. I did this towards the end of last year and haven’t heard a peep about it from clients.
  2. home_slice

Patent: Canon RF 135mm f/1.4L DS USM optical formula

Why aren’t we hearing anything about a fast L 35mm?! That is such a staple lens and at this point, the only EF left in my kit. sure I would probably pick up a fast 24mm if it happened but 35mm is my go-to lens. Do other people not consider it a priority? I would think that would have been one of...
  3. home_slice

Stock Notice: Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro at the Canon USA Store

Got this a few weeks ago but my copy has issues. It appears really soft in the viewfinder/back screen but takes a sharp picture. Has anyone experience this? I haven’t reached out to Canon yet but should this week. It's going to be an issue for me to send it in because I already sold my ef...
  4. home_slice

The next major firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 will come in Q1 of 2021 [CR2]

oh wow good to know! I never actually used the small or medium RAW but going into 2021 with a lot on the books, i’m looking for ways to lighten the workflow/file management treadmill. 45 megapixels is great for my commercial or fine art work but a bit overkill for things like weddings where I’m...
  5. home_slice

The next major firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 will come in Q1 of 2021 [CR2]

Agreed. It should’ve been there from the start and basically makes it so that you can’t shoot slow-motion without risking overheating. 240 FPS at 1080 should be our firmware update to compete with Sony. The other thing I’ve seen no mention of is that the r5 took away small and medium Raw. With...
  6. home_slice

it would depend on the shot you’re trying to make. How close are you to the action, are you going for epic slow motion or just need to slow it down to track better? It’s fine for tracking purposes but not as epic as 240. You can always test it out with your iPhone because they shoot in 120 or...
  7. home_slice

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.2.0

Well, not what we hoped for but some small improvements. The auto screen brightening was much needed for one. In addition to 120 FPS at 1080 P, and c-log, I hope they make it so the sensor is protected when you remove a lens. When you turn the camera off, those blinds close to protect the...
  8. home_slice

Is Scotch tape the answer to your Canon EOS R5 overheating issues?

As a commercial photographer who dabbles in video (mostly b-roll for social and the occasional brand video) about 80% of what I deliver is still images. For this reason, the r5 limitations didn’t seem like they would be a big issue for me ..until I got one in hand. On a studio shoot for a...
  9. home_slice

Armando Ferreira: Testing out the NEW Canon EOS R5 in a real world production environment.

Clearly it works but so do my 5D IVs! We want to know exactly how it works and will it work for what we do! Will it be worth the making the switch? How does the higher MP/frame rate viewfinder compare to the regular speed digital finder or the R/R6 lower MP finder? Does it finally feel optical...
  10. home_slice

Images of the Canon EOS Ra appear – UPDATE

I couldn't wait any longer for Canon to release a new pro body suitable for a fulltime commercial / wedding photographer and had to pick up a 2nd 5D IV body. That means I probably won't be buying any R lenses for a few more years. It was a really bad move for Canon to leave the working pro with...
  11. home_slice

Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM coming in 2020 [CR1]

That would be great. The Sigma 20mm 1.4 is the only non L lens in my Canon kit. It misses focus a bunch and takes a bit of post-work to color match but until Canon makes something like that, it's the only fast superwide prime option I know of.
  12. home_slice

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

Canon's flagship camera body should be compatible with their flagship glass. Like most people in this market, I would buy the 1DX III to get a leg up on the compition but combining it with antiquated 50mm lenses when there are faster, sharper, better performing options being made would totally...
  13. home_slice

What’s next for the Canon EOS R system and the rest of the lineup?

Why is there nothing in the pipeline for the average working professional?! Wedding photographers, commercial photographers, sports shooters, journalist... If any of our camera bodies need to be replaced, we'd be looking at buying a 5d IV or 1DX. Really old cameras that canon is no longer...
  14. home_slice

Interview: Canon execs talk EOS RP with Imaging Resource

That's what bothers me so much. Why would they make these pro lenses if there's no decent body to put them on? I've been waiting for an updated 50mm 1.2 (one that autofocuses faster, with less chromatic aberrations and a smoother focus ring...) and now they finally make one but it's for a...
  15. home_slice

As many as 7 new RF lenses coming in 2019 [CR2]

I'll wait for a suitable camera body to come out before investing in anything R.