Search results

1. T

Canon Patent Application: Eye Control Focus Calibration Improvements

The R3's Eye Control does not work for me. I still love the camera, but wish this feature worked. Don't purchase the camera IF that feature is your main reason for doing so. I wear glasses and that has got to affect the performance of the IR beam. I also had RK surgery (radial keratotomy) on...
  2. T

Rumored Canon EOS R1 EVF specifications [CR1]

That's why Canon will sell the professional battery belt pack EP-1000L*. At only 20 pounds and powerful enough to top of your Tesla, it'll be a bargain at $1999. *Not recommended for use in high humidity or rainy conditions. Skin rash, baldness, and sterility are possible side effects...
  3. T

Canon USA refurb sale, Canon EOS R5 down to $2999, EOS R6 $1299 & EOS RP $599

Agree. The refurb bodies I have purchased have been in mint condition. I suspect Canon may also reduce warehouse inventories by selling new cameras as "refurbished" especially when a model has been discontinued or a newer version is on the horizon. My 1Dx Mark II was pristine and had <1000...
  4. T

Canon USA refurb sale, Canon EOS R5 down to $2999, EOS R6 $1299 & EOS RP $599

Free advice and it may be worth what you paid for it. : ) I've had the EF version and have the RF version. As you know the are incredibly lightweight. So you don't need the collar unless you need to rotate the camera, which of course is very helpful. But you certainly don't need it for...
  5. T

An image of the Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the official announcement

It's just a zoom. Doesn't have the extender like the 200-400L.
  6. T

Cosina will announce a NOKTON 50mm F1 Aspherical for the RF mount

So why wasn't a picture of the RF version posted since this is a CANON rumor site? The link shows that it will mimic the appearance of Canon's engraving pattern (as opposed to the Fuji or Nikkor style of ring knurling). Looks pretty cool.
  7. T

Refurbished Canon EOS R3 and more ‘first-time’ gear appear at Canon USA

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense for Canon to price the refurbs at this amount. Might seem like a good deal IF new ones weren't also on sale. They need to drop this price another $400 IMHO, then I would purchase one. But for $200 more to be the FIRST owner of a camera with no previous issues...
  8. T

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

HA! Well, that's how it works with any file from any of my cameras when a client wants to print something large. These days that rarely happens since most viewing is on devices or small screens. But I get your humor! I love the 1Dx's and wished for a "studio" version for years until...
  9. T

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

I can't say what's right for you or others, but I don't miss the top LCD at all. I shoot with a 1Dx MkII, R bodies (the 30MP first mirrorless), an R5, and an R6. All the info you need is either in the viewfinder or right there on the rear LCD and much larger and better illuminated (white...
  10. T

Canon Wins Patent for Its ‘Shoulda Coulda’ Supertelephoto Designs

I think it’s safe to assume everyone who reads this blog is relatively bright. So can we please dispense with the “three times cheaper” nonsense and use proper English and common sense? Math really isn’t THAT frightening. Fractions really aren’t that confusing, are they? There was a time when...
  11. T

Firmware: Canon releases new firmware for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 to fix freezing bug

Why isn’t there a fix for the R? Anyone else ever have freeze issues? Never had a freeze with the R6 but all three of my R bodies freeze when using the 70-200mm 2.8. Never happens with other lenses. Always happens when the camera wakes up to shoot or when it senses the EVF needs to turn on...
  12. T

The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

I wish it was cheaper, but $6000 isn't a stretch. It offers more than the 1Dx II and III and those were introduced at $6500 USD. It's one hell of a camera based on specs and compared to its DSLR siblings. The 1Dx Mark II's are now $4500 which is a bargain for a truly pro level camera...
  13. T

The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced in September

Yes, please, and I’ll leapfrog one space ahead in line. Thank you!!!
  14. T

The Canon EOS R5c is coming in Q1 2022 [CR3]

The Canon R5c will only be available for purchase in Alaska, Antartica, and the Arctic Circle regions. Wavers can be attained for those who specialize in ice cave photography and the meatpacking industry. It's TRUE. I heard it on a rumors site!
  15. T

Industry News: Nikon officially announces the Nikon Z fc

Hey, MIRANDA is back in business!!!
  16. T

Images and specifications for the upcoming RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 85mm f/1.2L USM DS & DM-E100

FOLLOW UP: Well, I bought it anyway. I don't care for the way it LOOKS as it extends when at any setting other than 70mm but the lens PERFORMS great. It's incredibly lightweight compared to the EF version, it's very sharp, and the trap door in the lens hood is handy in case a mouse crawls in...
  17. T

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

I respectfully disagree. I'm going to bet they go back to the days of offering two high end cameras for two distinct market segments like when they had an "S" model 1D for studio shooters, except the numbering will be different. R3 sounds like it can replace and exceed what the 20MP 1Dx...
  18. T

63.7MP, but 200MP with the jumper-cable external sensor block upgrade.
  19. T

Have you played with any of the AI up-scalers lately, like Gigapixel? Pretty amazing. Who REALLY needs more than 30MP now? Even the 12MP A7s becomes useable as a stills camera again (not just for video). People who absolutely must have huge files will probably migrate to medium format if...