Search results

1. E

All new 24mp sensor coming to the next Canon ILC’s [CR1]

Well let's see. Canon said the 6DII had an all new sensor... turned out to be not much of a difference from the original 6D. Then they said EOS R had a new sensor... turned out to be not much of a difference from 5DIV... My guess here would be an all new 24MP sensor that is not much different...
  2. E

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

Lower spec than EOS R??? Wow. In other news, my A7III arrived last Friday. I still have my Canon setup and have been using both systems side by side. Message me if you're interested in further details. ;)
  3. E

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

If they're serious about mirrorless (which they better be) then they should get some some high quality RF glass out there as quickly as possible. Not just release the first 4 lenses then a couple more each year. At this point, the RF optics are more of a reason to get the EOS R than any...
  4. E

Yea I could see IBIS on future higher end bodies. It is unfortunate about the video specs as somone who shoots a lot of video. It's particularly frustrating to see Canon - a company with a boatload of experience with video/cinema camera design, release a camera with lower video specs than a...
  5. E

I do agree that Canon cameras tend to be rock solid reliable. And I don't doubt that has something to do with holding back on new tech until it meets their standards for reliability. Can't argue with that. But like you said, it can be frustrating waiting for a specific feature for much longer...
  6. E

Interesting response. I have concerns, but I'll leave it alone because I dont want to prompt another response like that. And I did order a Sony A7iii and 24-70 f2.8 lens. But I have to wait "1 to 3 months" because where I live these cameras are still out of stock everywhere. Will keep my...
  7. E

Again missing my point. My point IS that it's the person that takes the photos and any camera in the right hands can be good enough - we agree here. Also, I'm not saying that in general we need to upgrade every time a new camera comes out because it's better on paper. For me, I've been looking...
  8. E

Imagine they gave it IBIS:oops: Just kidding.
  9. E

lmao. it has nothing to do with you or your camera's ability to take good pics. It has everything to do with getting value for your investment. Just because I can afford the EOS R, doesn't mean it's the best way to spend $2300 considering I can get more performance for the money. Do I "need"...
  10. E

Interesting point about sales of one camera funding the development of another. From that perspective it would make sense to introduce a camera at the 5DIV level with dual slots, joystick, etc. as this should be a good seller. Ultra high 60MP resolution camera would certainly not bring in as...
  11. E

I agree. Canon seems to have a new sensor for every new camera they release. But somehow each of those new sensors are about the same as the ones they replace. I would bet that the new sensor for this camera will be a modest improvement if any in DR and noise performance but will definitely...
  12. E

To me, this is part of their problem. Canon is terrified of losing DSLR sales... even if those same sales just move over to mirrorless. The EOS R is a perfect example of this. They made it clear multiple times at launch that the EOS R "IS NOT" a replacement for their DSLR system. Plus they...
  13. E

I said the same thing about EOS R before it launched. I just wanted to see a step forward in sensor tech and not a 5DIV sensor. Not saying it's a bad sensor, it's just nothing new or exciting. Canon is not afraid of using old tech in new cameras. Look at 6DII and now EOS R. Based on these...
  14. E

I tend to agree that the video specs are less important on a camera focused on high resolution, but they still need to consider it due to the competition. Well, in my opinion anyway. But Canon tends to not look at the competitions offerings. I do agree that they need to avoid the AA filter...
  15. E

Makes sense to me. My guess for the 2nd FF mirrorless has been basically this the entire time. Canon likes to use old tech over developing new stuff, so I predict the sensor from the 5DSR series but "updated/redesigned" in the same way the 5DIV sensor was "newly developed" for the EOS R. The...
  16. E

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

The "Pro" FF Mirrorless is unlikely to be all that much better in terms of image quality and performance because Canon doesn't seem to have any new sensor or processor technology. The last couple of FF cameras that they released use old sensors that have been "re-designed". 6DII uses 6D...
  17. E

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

Canon should have released more info about their FF mirrorless line in my opinion. Even some basic development announcements to go along with the EOS R. Knowing better products with more modern features were on their way might have kept some people (me lol) from buying Sony. I have learned two...
  18. E

I'm not sure there's an "exodus" under way but people are definitely switching. Can't wait forever to get the features you want from canon. I have an A7III and 24-70GM on order. I still would prefer to use a canon camera for the friendly user interface, colors and ergonomics but they're not...
  19. E

There's no way Canon will pull off a 50MP sensor with a full sensor (no crop) readout in 4K.
  20. E

<3! I'm a CPU/GPU guy and its refreshing to see someone else that understands the subject. :D