Search results

1. J

Does a firmware update require len/camera to be AF microadjusted again

I have been doing AF microadjusting with both my Canon 5D Mark IV and 1DX II for quite some time. I even share an article with my clients about it. One client asked me today if upgrading the Firmware requires AF microadjusting again. I suspect it does, but not completely sure. Can any of you...
  2. J

Wildflower Photos

A few wildflowers images from the Smoky Mountains. All are shot with a Canon 180mm macro and the Canon 5D Mark IV using live view to focus manually, exposure set manually using the live RGB histogram and adjusted to produce the first blinkies, and tripping the shutter by using the Touch...
  3. J

Results of my new Canon 600mm f/4 III with the 1.4x III converter to make it 840mm

I spent two full days shooting some 4,000 images with my Canon 1DX Mark II and my new Canon 600mm f/4 lens with the new 1.4x teleconverter attached most of the time. Both are the latest Canon models. Before doing any photography, I first tested the lens by itself for focus accuracy and then with...
  4. J

Ducks at the Cincinnati Zoo

I took these photos in about 1.5 hours at the Cincinnati zoo two days before Christmas. I used a Canon 1DX Mark II with an 800mm lens attached to a Wimberley gimbal head. As the light changed quickly as the birds moved around, I did not use my favorite manual exposure, but instead opted for...
  5. J

Foxy Fox Squirrels

These fox squirrels are both abundant and super approachable in a downtown park in Seymour, IN. I use a Canon 1DX II and a Canon 800mm lens with an AF microadjustment of -3 to hit sharp focus. As the light was changing continually, I used my preferred Autoexposure mode of Auto ISO, and manual...
  6. J

Shaggy Mane Mushroom Family

I did a 6-shot focus stack using f/8 with the Canon 180mm macro and Canon 5D Mark IV. I tripped the shutter the easy way by using the 2-second self-timer while touching the LCD screen that is set to sensitive. Naturally, the lens is mounted on a tripod with the collar and exposure is set by...