Search results

1. zonoskar

Canon officially announces the RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM and RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

The 15-30 is wayy off the expected price of $800. I like it. It will probably vignette like crazy, like the 14-35 F4L
  2. zonoskar

Canon aiming for a $799 full-frame camera? [CR2]

So how is Canon going to hit that pricepoint? I assume no EVF, no hotshoe, small rear LCD, no IBIS, and no external ports for video/audio (basically an M200 with FF sensor). Could they use the R6 sensor+digic and dumb it down to 3 fps, but keep the AF fairly the same (maybe loose animal and...
  3. zonoskar

Canon officially announces the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

So no R3 today?
  4. zonoskar

The Canon EOS R3 is out in the wild

I keep wondering if this is the high megapixel camera that was rumoured to be released in 2021.
  5. zonoskar

Here are more images of the Canon EOS R3

It also appears there's a joystick on the back. Why have both? /edit: the 1DXIII also has both. So maybe that's why?
  6. zonoskar

Let’s talk about the Canon EOS R3 [CR2]

I like the idea of DPAF with alternating horizontal and vertical orientation. That could also be the 'pixel trick' this rumor talks about and still technically be dual pixel AF, but the next version. Oh, wait. The rumor talks about resolution trick. So it's probably not related to the DPAF...
  7. zonoskar

Patent: More patents related to a new style of ILC from Canon

Can you attach an EF-600 f4L?
  8. zonoskar

Here is the Canon Cinema EOS C70

It does have IBIS?
  9. zonoskar

A budget EOS R body is coming in the first half of 2021 [CR2]

R6 sensor makes sense. I doesn't really make a big difference in manufacturing cost, a FF sensor is a big slice of silicon, no matter how low-tech it is. I hope Canon makes this low-cost RF camera with the R6 sensor, digic X processor and 4 or 5 fps mechanical. They just have to make sure it...
  10. zonoskar

Further talk about the fate of the EOS M system

If they make equally priced APS-C RF mount camera's and a small line-up of APS-C specific lenses, I don't see why the new APS-C RF line wouldn't be equally successful.
  11. zonoskar

UK pricing leaks for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Yeah I get that, but the R6 is rumored to have less build quality than the R5. So at 2800 euro, I hope these build quality concessions are not in the weather sealing department (which I fear they are).
  12. zonoskar

UK pricing leaks for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

So that's 2799 eur for the R6? Even more than the EOS-R at introduction.
  13. zonoskar

Here are the specifications for the Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM Macro

Could also be a nice budget portrait lens at f2. Hopefully the price will not be too high.
  14. zonoskar

Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

Nobody understands Americans. :) Anyways, for 4500 euro, I'm going to have to wait for used R5's to hit the market. So my 5Dc has to go on a little longer, unless the R6 is not too crippled or too expensive.
  15. zonoskar

Canon officially announces the Cinema EOS C300 Mark III

IBIS? In a video camera?
  16. zonoskar

Canon announces more mind blowing specs for the Canon EOS R5

If true, that would mean a 8192 pixel wide sensor. So 45 Mpix?
  17. zonoskar

IBIS coming to EOS M in 2020 [CR1]

Licensed to shoot.
  18. zonoskar

Two new EOS M camera bodies coming in the second half of 2020 [CR2]

An M5-II with the pop-up EVF from the latest patent please... And throw in IBIS too if it's not too much bother.
  19. zonoskar

Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

It is a rumor. How would you determine the sensor resolution when nobody tells you what it is, you look at the image size. If this image was created using pixel shift tech, one could be confused to think it was the sensor size. As we have no clue on either way, my guess is on sensor shift tech...
  20. zonoskar

Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

Probably sensor-shift technology.