Search results

1. B

Venus Optics announces the first two Cine lenses with 2x magnification for Super35 and Full-Frame

RF mount is already listed as an option for the 65 cine lens on Venus Optics web site.
  2. B

New Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro features revealed

$1399 according to Nokishita.
  3. B

Actually, I was not referring to the quote, but to the question “Where did the info that the SA stands for spherical aberration control come from”. This formation came from Nokishita, as did the images of the new lens showing the SA control.
  4. B

It’s based on Nokishita tweet. Very reliable.
  5. B

It is worth reading the following article (specifically the section on spherical aberration) to get a sense of the kinds of adjustments to the appearance of out-of-focus specular highlights that the new RF macro will provide...
  6. B

Here is the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

According to Nokishita, the SA ring controls spherical aberration for bokeh adjustment. Magnification up to 1.4x.
  7. B

Are these the 7 RF lenses Canon will be announcing in 2020? [CR1]

This is an amazing list. But why release the converters without well-suited primes to use them with?
  8. B

Patent: Some crazy fast RF mount prime lenses, including an RF 18mm f/1.0L

It's practical enough that Canon has done it before. Since there is no mirror with R series cameras, lens designs that project close to the image plane are possible, just as they were for rangefinders. Canon's 19mm f3.5 was a 1960s rangefinder ultra-wide angle lens that projected deep into the...
  9. B

Breaking down the latest Canon gear to appear for certification

You didn't just call the 6D2 sensor "half-decent" did you? :)
  10. B

Yes, I agree with this, but if true then either the leaked certification information omits this s/R style camera or the leaked specs for the K433 (26 mp) are wrong. BTW, your web sites are inspirational.
  11. B

Peace brother. Disagreement is not abuse.
  12. B

I was hoping that you would actually provide some evidence for your original observation. The rumored EOS Rx or whatever will supposedly have a 26 mp sensor. My point is that such a sensor "size" could arguably be appropriate for higher-speed, higher-spec camera, and that the R is positioned in...
  13. B

How on earth would a mirrorless 1DXII derivative be anything other than high-end? And where did you hear a leak about the multi-function bar being missing?
  14. B

Rumors are rumors, but I don't remember any rumor that suggested that the first FF mirrorless would be a higher end model, and there have been many arguments advanced that the R will be followed by a higher end model in the next year or so. See the original post of this thread "So expect this...
  15. B

It amazes me how pixel count alone can be enough to predict all the other features of a sensor and a camera. So I suppose the Sony a7 and a9 are similar because they have the same pixel count?
  16. B

K433 is much more likely to be a higher end (high speed) model.
  17. B

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

I don’t know why we should expect this to be all that Canon has in the pipeline. After all, there was a different shorter list leaked on Nokishita only a month ago. Who is to say there won’t be another list in a few months time. Canon did a great job keeping most of the features of the EOS R secret.
  18. B

Interview: Talking with Canon about the EOS R system and its future

EOS R, is it positively an EOS 5D class camera? Mr. Kiyota : I believe so. (Google Translated) This is like a Rorschach test. Note that the question referred to "5D class". Not 5DIV or anything else. Depending on your psychological state, you could interpret this to mean that a Canon spokesman...
  19. B

Functionality being added to the Canon EOS R soon after release with firmware update

Exactly. Just like when you buy a new computer model off the shelf, there is often already a software update needed because time has elapsed since it shipped, and software has advanced. Canon had the hardware ready to ship in volume and was continuing to work on the firmware including some new...