Search results

1. S

After the EOS R3, Canon will introduce new “affordable” RF mount cameras [CR1]

The never ending rumors of APS-C RF, lol. Canon, if you read this stuff... EF-M has been a nice system since dual pixel AF sensors were added. I'd actually like to see them take it in a direction more like Sony has with their A7c and ZV-1 by offering compact video focused bodies in addition to...
  2. S

It looks like 2021 will be the last year for the EOS M lineup [CR2]

How successful has the Nikon Z50 been, especially since the Z5 came out? After trying the Z50 out it seemed like a nice camera but awkwardly placed on that mount with no ibis and only two kit lenses meant for it (plus a slow all-in-one lens planned). Nikon and Canon always seemed to be in...
  3. S

An APS-C RF mount prototype is currently in the wild [CR2]

This seems like a weird one. I'm thinking this would have a new sensor if it's going to be a high-speed sports camera. I can't imagine they would use the sensor from the 90D/M6 Mark II. Though, I'd think that they could instead design a large megapixel full-frame sensor that would be able to go...
  4. S

Canon EOS M50 Mark II announcement is likely this week

I have two M50 bodies and a M5. I'm at least curious about this camera. Though, I dont think I want another EF-M camera with limited physical controls. If the EVF is physically larger than the one in the M50 and M5, I'd consider it. While the RP has the same resolution EVF, it's physically...
  5. S

Rumored Canon EOS M7 camera specifications, and the end of the line for EOS M? [CR1]

I do wonder what percentage of EF-M users would even consider a full-frame camera. Let's say an M200 styled camera in RF mount would cost $550 with a lens. Is that enough of a difference for the person to not consider the RP at $1300 with a FF lens? Would people that have any interest in FF...
  6. S

A new EOS M camera appears for certification, with a twist

I have the M50 and M5. Basically the same camera. I guess the M50 is slightly thinner, but it's extremely inconsequential. I'm thinking it costs them a little bit less to use LP-E12. Looking in the battery compartments, the M5 has 4 pins and the M50 has 3 even though the LP-E12 has 4 contact...
  7. S

That would be cool. Maybe Canon took notice of the Sony A6600.
  8. S

I have a hard time believing they would develop a new 24mp APS-C sensor when they have something capable and ready to go. I also highly doubt they would put IBIS in the M50mkii with an LP-E12 battery. If they do actually put IBIS into EF-M, I'd expect a move like they did with the R5/R6 by...
  9. S

It's clear with the LP-E12 it's going to be a value orientated model. Probably the M50 shell with the new 32mp sensor. Though, I'd not be shocked if it has the overall body design of the M6mkII but with the limited physical control scheme of the M50. Can't say I'm super excited about a camera...
  10. S

New EOS M camera specifications [CR1]

Camera development takes time. This rumored spec list looks like a direct response to the Fujifilm X-T2 and later models. This feels like the strongest reason Canon would actually make a camera like this besides wanting to make an actual upgrade to the M5. The main thing I'm wanting right now...
  11. S

IBIS is likely coming to the EOS M lineup [CR2]

I do have a few of that style of mount as plates that attach to a tripod head, but currently do not have any dedicated tripods with that connection type. I don't use them all of the time. One setup I use for filming videos at a camera shop uses a table top tripod with the cage and an LED light...
  12. S

The loosening happens when it gets attached to a tripod or something similar. I think the bottom flexes a bit which loosens the screw. While the cage can kinda sorta hold the M5, if the thread is tightened it would probably break something in the camera. The M5's top grip side is a lot wider...
  13. S

IBIS in EF-M would be great. I'd expect it to happen with a flagship model rather than the M50 replacement due to the M6 Mark II unless they augment the M50's ergonomic design a bit more. Before the M6 Mark II came out I was also thinking EF-M might end, but as things have progressed I think it...
  14. S

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

While I'm just guessing, I did look into it a bit before my tweet. There is a link in the wikipedia page that goes to the MPEG LA organization that does collect fees for use of MP4/AVC and other encoding formats. Canon is on the list of licensees (...
  15. S

A hypothesis concerning the RF mount

I have had various Canon cameras over the years (my first decent digical camera was a Elph S200 from ~2002), but never got into their DSLRs until the SL2, which I eventually sold to get into their EF-M system. In both cases I'm been using them for video mostly. Though with the M50 I'm taking it...