Search results

1. T

Canon officially announces the EOS R5 and EOS R6 along with 4 new lenses and two teleconverters

f/5.6 at 400! Suddenly that lens makes sense!
  2. T

Canon EOS R5 launch price will be below $4000 USD [CR3]

This is HUGE. **J.R. Voice** "Bah gawd, Sony has been broken in half!" People on the internet will still complain because Sony sensors will still have 0.2 stops better DR at ISO 100.
  3. T

What’s a “realistic” lens that you’d like to see Canon make?

100mm 2.8L with 2:1 magnification
  4. T

Is a 150mp Canon EOS R camera on the way? [CR1]

Are full frame lenses really resolving much of anything at that pixel density?
  5. T

Patent: Canon RF 40mm f/1.8 & Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 optical formulas

You can get the 135L so cheap used that it may as well be a non-L lens. The 135L is one of the best value lenses in canon's lineup IMO. The design is super old but it's still incredibly relevant to this day.
  6. T

So is mine. I don't see your point...
  7. T

The Tamron 24-70 g2 is not 33% worse at AF. Can't comment on the AF of the g1. After calibration hit-rate was comparable to my L lenses, meaning I very rarely had issues (after proper calibration). Haven't noticed any issues at all on my EOS R.
  8. T

The 100 50mm IS better than the 24-105 4L...at 50mm.
  9. T

SIGMA to address their RF mount plans in early 2020 [CR2]

I want to see an RF Tamron 35, sigma 35, and Canon L 35 go head to head. I almost bought the Tamron 35mm 1.4 but don't want to invest in more EF glass.
  10. T

More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

A touchpad in place of a joystick would be great. But JESUS tap-dancing Christ can you add a sensitivity slider, unlike the touch AF right now where I have to do 3 separate movements to get the AF point across the screen in relative move. Please put this basic, basic functionality that should be...
  11. T

Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

What you're describing is absolute mode --where the top left of the touch AF area on the screen represents the top left of the image, swiping it to the bottom right causes the focus point to move to the bottom right. Touching the middle of the touch AF area immediately moves the AF point to the...
  12. T

Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

I know it'll never happen but I REALLY wish they'd make touch AF have a "sensitivity" setting in relative mode. The cursors moves too slow. If I could adjust sensitivity I'd like touch AF better than a joystick but I hate having to swipe my finger tons of times to get the cursor across the screen.
  13. T

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Using a bunch of extra rows/columns seems like it would just incur more blur, but i'm sure there's some edge preserving algorithm stuff going on. Thanks for the reply.
  14. T

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

Makes no sense to me why they're suddenly giving an actual vs effective pixels number. Defitely don't remember seeing that before on Canon stuff, or at least not advertised do blatantly. Do not remember seeing effective vs actual pixels when researching and buying any of my current Canon...
  15. T

Patent: Eye-controlled autofocus for mirrorless cameras

Yessssssssssssssss
  16. T

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Nah the touch and drag AF sucks because they didn't add a user customizable sensitivity setting to relative mode, a feature that's basically been in every other mouse-like interface made in the last 30 years. If you don't use relative mode it forces you to hold the camera weird.
  17. T

Canon will reclaim their full-frame megapixel crown [CR1]

Ugh. Too much. Hopefully it'll allow smaller size raw files for the 95% of the time when I don't want that much resolution due to file sizes and processing power. How are small raw sizes made in camera though? Is there loss of quality vs a sensor that has that smaller resolution natively?
  18. T

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Not super excited about 60+ MP. At that pixel density you're just dealing with huge file sizes, diffraction limits, and optics limits. I mean, I have the RF 50mm which is insane at 30mp on my EOS R, but I doubt I'll get enough out of doubling the MP to really care? Seems like the areas where...
  19. T

Canon explains RF lens technology and why bigger is better (sometimes)

Ha this seems to especially be true with stuff like the Sigma 40mm art, which is heavier than the already huge RF 50, AND with a larger front filter thread, despite having smaller aperture. The more gigantic you make the lens the less engineering you have to do for great IQ, lol.
  20. T

Canon U.S.A. Announces New 120 MP Ultra-High Resolution and 2.7 MP Ultra-High Sensitivity CMOS Sensors

What type of processing techniques are you talking about? Like stuff beyond what you can do on Lightroom? I want to get really good at postprocessing and will take all the advice I can get.