Search results

1. dominic_siu

image.canon 10GB service will be terminated on October 31, 2024

Luckily I have all my images from 2007 onward on paid Flickr service. Image.canon I have used only once for sharing photos of company event as it was not blocked at the time, but 10GB really is not that much space nowadays
  2. dominic_siu

Sigma remains non-commital to Canon RF

If Sigma release RF lenses, it will hurt Canon RF lenses sales and Canon probably not going let this happen, selling lenses is more important than selling cameras
  3. dominic_siu

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

Cameras and lenses are tools only. If you find anything Canon really can’t give you (lenses), you are free to switch brands, but Canon as a company knows what it is doing and probably will continue to do the same with 3rd parties lenses.
  4. dominic_siu

There will be “a lot” of new RF mount lenses from Canon between now and March 2024

Would like to see 35 f/1.2L to be released :)
  5. dominic_siu

Canon celebrates significant milestones with production of 110 million EOS series cameras and 160 million interchangeable RF/EF lenses

Nothing in our life can last forever, so enjoy shooting while you still can
  6. dominic_siu

New type of teleconverter coming from Canon alongside a Supertelephoto zoom

If it’s not protruding inside the main lens and fully usable with 100-500 L then I definitely will buy one
  7. dominic_siu

Where the heck is the RF 35mm f/1.2L?

I’m using RF135 1.8 and I can tell you it’s performance is top notch
  8. dominic_siu

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

I have played the R7 at Canon showroom, I really don’t understand why the heck they move the sub-dial to the upper of the camera, just like the multi function bar of R
  9. dominic_siu

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

Buy a R5, no need to wait for R62 or R6
  10. dominic_siu

Don’t expect any third-party autofocus lenses in the near future

I’m at least one of those, I hope I’m not the only one
  11. dominic_siu

Don’t expect any third-party autofocus lenses in the near future

I switched from 5D4 to EOS R then R5 solely because I want to use Canon made RF lenses.
  12. dominic_siu

The state of third-party lenses for the RF mount, Canon may be involved

I’ve changed to R then R5 simply because I want to use Canon RF lenses and I’m very pleased with the result I got for these 4 years:giggle:
  13. dominic_siu

Canon EOS R7 specifications [CR3]

People now tend to use smartphone for taking photos rather than entry level cameras.
  14. dominic_siu

Canon EOS R7 specifications [CR3]

You are right, if a company want to continue a product line why not introducing new product for more than 3 years? People always think selling well means doing a good job but Canon want you guys buying more expensive lenses rather than just using kit lens bundle with the entry level cameras.
  15. dominic_siu

Canon Wins Patent for Its ‘Shoulda Coulda’ Supertelephoto Designs

Whatever lens(es) you want/need to buy and if you have the money, buy it now rather than wait.
  16. dominic_siu

Canon Wins Patent for Its ‘Shoulda Coulda’ Supertelephoto Designs

Now not the case especially with COVID screwing up parts procurement (part of the reason), just like RF lenses increases prices twice within one year in HK, I just bought 100-500 L with more than 30% price increase since release in Sep 19.
  17. dominic_siu

Canon officially discontinues a lot more EF lenses

In HK both resell price and 2nd hand price dropping, all of these 3 lenses are not on shelves of camera shops and major electronic shops
  18. dominic_siu

Canon officially discontinues a lot more EF lenses

Longer the time the resell value of those EF stuffs drop even more. Camera equipments are tools only not any investment IMO. For me I have dumbed all EF stuff since the introduction of R system and I’m very please with the results I got. Now I use R5 and I can also shoot some nice video clips of...